Allentown

What Jeff said. I always come from the Philly area, just a straight drive up the northeast extension of the PA turnpike. Really quite easy. But see what option is cheaper.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone -- thanks so much for the advice. I called DCI today and purchased tickets in section J. Was told that should be around the 40.

I've followed drum corps for 25+ years, but I have never been to Allentown. As long as I can get a cheap enough flight there (Philly? from St. Louis), I'm good to go.

Again, much thanks on all the advice on getting tickets to this show.

Van

Flying into Philly is a good idea. Be sure to give yourself an extra day or two. There are great competitions at Giants' Stadium (E. Rutherford, NJ) on Thursday, Aug 5 and at the college in West Chester, PA on Sunday, Aug 8. You could fly out of Philly on Monday, Aug 9th.

Please, send me an e-mail. I'd like to invite you to an event sponsored by NYDCP on Friday, Aug 6.

See you in August!

Ron Gunn

Maestro has a good approach. His scheme is doable, albeit a little steep!

Also check out the atmosphere on the street and park area outside the stadium. Special.

I've been on tour for many years and have therefore been to literally hundreds of shows and agree. Yes, I believe Allentown does have a special atmosphere that no other venue has. For lack of a better word, it just seems more "cozy" and has a friendly small town atmosphere (though I wouldn't consider Allentown itself a small town). Even the suvi booth area has a "homey" feel to it. And of course, you haven't had a funnel cake until you've had one at Allentown. Yumski! And yes, I also suggest you wander about the park and across the street to soak in the full Allentown atmosphere experience. It's quite pleasant.

Edited by BeachDrums

The best seat is on the back deck of Lupos Pub....you can see and hear all of the corps warm up in the park whlie drinking a few beers and eating a cheese steak while talking to alums about the old days of corps 50 pounds ago.