Blue Stars Alumnus Injured In Iraq

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm a Viet Nam veteran, I know that we (veterans) have no monopoly on respect, good wishes, or prayers for the young men and women who are putting themselves in harm's way to protect our way of life, and potentially our very lives. Knowing that this young man also lived our activity makes the feeling even stronger. My hopes and prayers are with him (and all our protectors) now and in the future.

Hopefully we'll see you out there on the field again soon.

As printed on the visitor's page of www.theholynamecadets.org:

"We salute and honor this young American hero, Andy Toppin, 21." All Cadets stand in awe of this young Blue Star Alumnus and American warrior. We wish him a swift and complete recovery, and we thank him for all he has done and all he is enduring on behalf of our Country.

Thank you to all of you who have replied. Some of you may remember us, his parents, as the souvie people for the Blue Stars for a few years. Andy is now at BAMC, Brooke Army Medical Center, in the burn unit. He had severe inhalation burns to his lungs and burns to his face and arms. He lost his lower right leg, and his lower left leg bones were both broken. His lungs are now fully recovered, his facial burns are doing very well, his skin grafts are complete and healing well. His appetite is not fully returned, so he remains a bit weak, but has begun some light therapy. His broken left leg is still a work in progress, and he hasn't been fitted with a prosthesis yet for his right leg. He has a very long road ahead, but he is a strong and heroic young man, with a strong and supportive wife and family.

Just thought an update was in order for those who expressed an interest. Please keep praying for him.

• 1 month later...
Thank you.

"Of the Troops..." Andy

Daave

1SG

USA (Ret.)

Military Police Corps Regiment

"For The Troops...Assist, Protect, Defend"

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers it really hels to know that drum corps hasn't forgotten me

Andy

"For The Troops...Assist, Protect, Defend"

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers it really hels to know that drum corps hasn't forgotten me

Andy

May God Bless You and you Family.