1979 vs 2007 a debate

I still wonder why you put it sucks to be us guys? Mabye trying to get a rise out of me? Not this time my fellow alum, just trying to be positive without any slams and not hyping the Corps. Thats the point, no matter how you feel about me personally. Good day, young man. Go Jets!

Peace

New information....it sucks to be 'yous guys' because you're a jets fan right now.

Ok....time to go watch my team play in the superbowl :tongue:

New information....it sucks to be 'yous guys' because you're a jets fan right now.

Ok....time to go watch my team play in the superbowl :worthy:

Well, thanks all for the great debate. Its very special to see that most just like Drum Corps for what it is. A very specialized activity. In reality, not many people ( non- drum corps people) are really interested in DC other than us DC folk. Even I, a DC purist who loves the activity is losing the need for the fix. Maybe its because my Corps is gone ( moved to Indy) maybe its because I have not been to finals for 3 years after going to every one from 82 to 2005. Who knows. I personally hate it when I hear tubas and trumpets and mabye that is why DC is losing its aura with this dinosaur(as I have been called). I dont know if anybody has the answers about why DC is not as popular as when I marched, but if I was marching right now I dont know if I would be calling the people that pay to see the shows old, dinosaurs, ect. ect. ect. The respect factor is long gone in this activity.I think alot of people that have been doing it for a long time have just said enough is enough. There is just way to many other things to be doing with my 4 kids than beating a dying horse that is DC. When its cheaper to go to a Brewer game than a Drum Corps show things are bad in our activity. And as my wife says, I wont have to deal with being called a dinosaur. How things have changed over the years, my Corps is putting a show on the field this year, out of Indy and marching 20 Contras. As I said how things have changed.

Edited by thirdcoast