WV Strawberry Festival

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everyone that attended the WV Strawberry Festival had a wonderful time. Thank you for supporting the state of WV! :tongue:

• 9 months later...

United Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps will be making the trip from Southern Ontario for the 2nd year in a row on May 20th to 22nd, 2011. A fun time was had by all last year with great hospitality by the citizens of Buckhannon W.V.

Has anyone heard of any other corps that may be performing at the parade or field show?

Loved seeing you guys last year and wish I was there this year. My students wanted to go back but then I was let go so that some newly retired guy could teach at the school. Sadly, the band has shrunk to 14 kids and the choir is down to less than 10. Many kids quit because of what happened to me and the rest left upon dealing with the new guy.

Hopefully my next group (whomever that is) will make it there in the future.

ENJOY another year guys!

United Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps will be making the trip from Southern Ontario for the 2nd year in a row on May 20th to 22nd, 2011. A fun time was had by all last year with great hospitality by the citizens of Buckhannon W.V.

Has anyone heard of any other corps that may be performing at the parade or field show?

The gentleman who is charge of bands/corps (Brad) is the nicest guy! He called me in September about the band returning and I gave him the bad news that I wasn't there (and why). I think he was stunned. He then phoned me last month just to ask how I was doing. He is a true gentleman and a great man!

According to their Facebook page, Capital Brass from Albany is doing the festival this year.

Loved seeing you guys last year and wish I was there this year. My students wanted to go back but then I was let go so that some newly retired guy could teach at the school. Sadly, the band has shrunk to 14 kids and the choir is down to less than 10. Many kids quit because of what happened to me and the rest left upon dealing with the new guy.

Hopefully my next group (whomever that is) will make it there in the future.

ENJOY another year guys!

Thanks for the compiments Keith. It was great to finally put a face to the name when I met you at the parade last year. We should once again have a good size corps again this year although it would be nice to pick up some snare drummers for that weekend. We may only have 2 and one can only do the show.

I enjoyed meeting some of you guys last year,, you were lined up just down the street from the corner we got LOL... we were right next to the lawn chair dads!!

We'll be there too! This will be our second year at the parade! :thumbup: