2009 Drum books

Wow, watching that video, they didn't play squat in the opener.

Alright that's your opinion lol

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV had an awesome book, imo. Look at more than just the snare parts. Also consider looking outside of the top 6. I really enjoyed Glassmen's book (even after they took out that speed-o-roll), Boston's book, and Troopers' book.

To those saying BD didn't deserve to win percussion this year, I encourage you to listen to the percussion judge tape (it's on... THAT website).

I still don't understand... BD's lot videos this year and in 07 are usually downright hideous. But watching them live or listening to the percussion tapes, they always sound great. I really don't understand why that is.

I agree with a previous poster that you can hear the melody in Crown's percussion book, but I'd argue that that alone is hardly a factor in determining "musicality." Just about anyone can write a book that lines up with the melody (or, in which you can "hear" the melody). In my opinion, Crown's book does that but no more.

And I also agree with another poster, Phantom 07s drum book is one of the greatest ever, and currently my favorite.

The writing for BD is very smart as far as putting the judge in front of certain sections.

Very rarely do both the pit and battery play difficult parts at the same time.

Usually the judge is back with the battery for a feature, then as soon as that's done, there's a pit moment, which the judges is out of position for most of but the end, after which is a nice battery part which again, the judge is out of position for most of, but gets back there for the very end.

The beginning of the phrase is the most common spot for dirt to occur, but, by keeping the judge out of position for that, they give themselves a buffer to get back into it.

The writing for BD is very smart as far as putting the judge in front of certain sections.

Usually the judge is back with the battery for a feature, then as soon as that's done, there's a pit moment, which the judges is out of position for most of but the end, after which is a nice battery part which again, the judge is out of position for most of, but gets back there for the very end.

The beginning of the phrase is the most common spot for dirt to occur, but, by keeping the judge out of position for that, they give themselves a buffer to get back into it.

better report them.

or, become a judge.

Crown.

They were much improved in 2009 but not yet in the elite realm. Hopefully they will get there some day.

I don't think this is entirely true.

While you *might* be right about "keeping the judge out of position" the dirt that can be heard on videos of them is hardly limited to portions of the show where a judge would not be listening (i.e. drum features).

And besides, watching them in 07 and this past year a few times throughout the season, I never heard any inconsistancy like you're mentioning.

Fair enough. There is a video online with BD's field judging tape dubbed over the audio. I think everyone should take a looka t that.

Where is the video? Is it on youtube?

Where is the video? Is it on youtube?

There is a video on youtube of it,, search kmtobia, he has it