CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP

gcurrier

We hope everyone is very excited for todays CLASS Championship from Bowlinig Greeen! We have a great day lined up with an incredible 41 corps--I think we have the LARGEST CLASS Championships EVER!

Here is the lineup for today’s CLASS Championship

CLASS A

Morning

9:00 Viper Brigade

9:15 Castle Rock Regiment

9:30 Knights of Note

9:45 Hurricanes

10:00 Nastalgia Percussion Ens

Break

10:30 Shockwave

10:45 Lake Wobegon Crusaders

11:00 Cross

11:15 Cape Cod Regiment *CLASS Member

11:30 VK3 *CLASS Member

OPEN CLASS

12:30 Pikes Peak Drum Corps

12:45 Spectre

1:00 Commanders

1:15 Citrus Drum Corps

1:30 Bronze Star

1:45 Horizon

Break

2:15 Royal Squadron

2:30 Nastalgia

2:45 Storm Troopers

3:00 Knights of Sound

3:15 Les Blanc Chevalier *CLASS Member

3:30 VK TOO *CLASS Member

WORLD CLASS

4:00 Phantom of the Knight

4:15 The Cobras

4:30 Titan Regiment

4:45 Tullahoma Azure Force

Break

5:15 North Star Academy

5:30 Sky of Fire

5:45 Ohio Valley Thunder

6:00 Hub City Crusaders

6:15 Silver Streak

BREAK

7:30 Kadence

7:45 Caloosahatchee Brass

8:00 West Florida Kingsmen

8:15 Knights of Power

8:30 Corps of Unspecified Identity

Break

9:00 North East Marching Storm *CLASS Member

9:15 Minnesota Madness *CLASS Member

9:30 Nastalgia Vanguard *CLASS Member

9:45 The Knights *CLASS Member

10:00 Velour Knights *CLASS Member

Edited by gcurrier

I'd hate to have to be the corps who has to go on at 9 am. Nothing like "Drive 6 hours the night before, get off the bus, warm up, then go do a show" :smile:

We should probably look at having "co-sites" in the future for events like this (ie Bowling Green for WC, someplace like Danville for Open/A)

I'd hate to have to be the corps who has to go on at 9 am. Nothing like "Drive 6 hours the night before, get off the bus, warm up, then go do a show" :smile:

We should probably look at having "co-sites" in the future for events like this (ie Bowling Green for WC, someplace like Danville for Open/A)

I agree--its a TOUGH day for some corps and we feel bad they all get crammed in for the CLASS Champs but we are THRILLED to have such a great turn out!!!

If I had known that the show tonight in Bowling Green was going to be CLASS Championships, and that Feenicks was going to be a member of CLASS, I would have done this show. But we had already signed up for the show in Tucson, AZ, and we were in Tempe on the 20th. I know we could have made it from Arizona to Kentucky in two days, but the members of Feenicks have been working hard and I wanted to give them some time off yesterday. But we will be at the CLASS Championships next season, you can count on that! :smile:

Well after being on the left coast this past weekend it is quite the challenge to get corps to the CLASS Championship. VK Too and VK³ flew out of John Wayne airport following the Costa Mesa focus show on the red eye to get into Kentucky Saturday morning. We knew the Championship would start early and need some time to get over the jet lag and some rehersal time in. The 2 corps are rested and ready to go. Glad to see we drew the lasted possible start times for both corps. Will that help? Only time will tell.

The Velour Knights had one more west coast show in Tempe, AZ Saturday night and arrived at our KY housing site early Sunday morning. Being of a higher average age, the fly didn't seem to bother the kids at all. Sleeping on a plane verses sleeping on a bus, makes no difference to them. They seemed upbeat and ready go this morning after a small reheral block yesterday afternoon.

All 3 corps will be back in the air tonight right after the show heading back to Roswell, New Mexico.

Good luck to all corps. :smile:

Congrats to Corps of Unspecified Identity, Les Blanc Chevalier and Cape Cod Regiment for winning the three divisions of CLASS! The Knights were just edged out taking Silver, Velour Knights bronze and preventing it from being an all CLASS sweep--but hey we did get the sword back!!!! We were extremely pleased with how the kids performed considering the illness that has been rocking us this week---its preventing us from making any major changes to the show just yet as we want all to recover!

Great job everyone! Another AWESOME CLASS Championship! I hope CUI enjoyed the lobster and blueberry cake!

Congrats to Corps of Unspecified Identity, Les Blanc Chevalier and Cape Cod Regiment for winning the three divisions of CLASS! The Knights were just edged out taking Silver, Velour Knights bronze and preventing it from being an all CLASS sweep--but hey we did get the sword back!!!! We were extremely pleased with how the kids performed considering the illness that has been rocking us this week---its preventing us from making any major changes to the show just yet as we want all to recover!

Great job everyone! Another AWESOME CLASS Championship! I hope CUI enjoyed the lobster and blueberry cake!

Nice job CCR! Just edged us out last night.

Nice job CCR! Just edged us out last night.

yeah and they had to work HARD for that!!!! I was very proud!

I don't know what happened to VK³ last night. :tongue: Jet lag, over hyped (for many this was their 1st plane flight ever) but one of 2 things happen, they had a AWFUL show or the judges just didn't care for the show. I'm going to go with the 2nd option and see what a new panel things. But to have a drop in score like that makes we wonder if something eles is going on.

The whole Org. arrived safely in New Mexico this morning. Tired and a little ######, we'll see if they come out tonight and fall flat or light the place on fire.

The whole Org. arrived safely in New Mexico this morning. Tired and a little ######, we'll see if they come out tonight and fall flat or light the place on fire.

glad you all arrived safe! I swear we did NOT serve any alcohol like CLASS ACT did for MN Madness a few weeks ago! Go eat up the South West for CLASS!!!!