Thank You and Congratulations, John Molloy!

Drum corps, when done right, is a family. And just like in any family, when one of its members has a reason to celebrate, we celebrate too. And sometimes, you’re so darned proud that you share your pride with everyone around you. This is indeed a sappy post. Probably the sappiest I’ve ever posted here – but I’m OK with that.

We are so proud to call John Molloy a fellow Buccaneer that we want to publicly congratulate him on some fantastic developments in his life that, unfortunately for us, will take him away from our trumpet section this year. Anyone who knows John can attest that he is the salt of the earth and one of the most giving people you’d ever want to meet. He’s a team player to the core. On top of that, he’s a sensational horn player and a world-class teacher. In his two-plus years with the Reading Buccaneers brass program, he has made an indelible impact and represents the ideals of the Balance in Blue as well as, if not better than, others with many more years of involvement in the corps. Our members are better performers because of him and we are all better people because of our association with him. I’m willing to wager that he’s had a similar impact on folks at the Sunrisers, Bushwackers, Caballeros, Cadets, Vanguard and any other ensemble he’s been part of.

We are thrilled that John met his love, Jessica Ganska, in the Buccaneers and that they are now engaged to be married (something old, something new, something borrowed, something Blue…). We are thrilled that John is about to complete his degree in music performance from Montclair State University and will build upon the great reputation he has established for himself as a musician and teacher. We are thrilled that John’s career is developing such that he probably has about 30 hours worth of opportunity to shove into a 24-hour day. And we are simply thrilled to call him one of our own and wish him all the best in this new stage of his life.

I think Minesh Shah, our assistant brass caption head and close friend of John’s, said it best when he wrote that “John is a gem. Our 2010 trumpet section is in fantastic shape and is very ably handling a very challenging and exciting music book. It’s a direct result of the standards John has set over the last two years and his efforts this year. We will miss him, and look forward to him being with us to add his special touch to the brass program this summer as his schedule permits.”

One of my fellow Bucs administrators said this to John in front of the entire corps at a recent rehearsal, and it perfectly sums up how we all feel: “we love you, John Molloy, and you will always be a Buccaneer and you will always be welcome here.”

Thank you and congratulations, John!

MMX

Edited by TomMoore

Very glad to hear the news about John's new opportunities. He's a great guy!!!

Fran

John is a definitely a great guy and most definitely unique. Never had someone play their trumpet in my car as I was driving to a Friday night rehearsal.

Good luck!

This is great news to hear. I met John during his years marching with Cabs, and a few times playing with Latin Express. I consider it an honor to have played in the lead trumpet section with him and other great Cab's lead players. We all know how good a horn player he is. He also has a great sense of humor and a good heart (who else would let everyone draw all over him like the painted man). I have only good memories of John during the hard work and the hard play.

John congratulations on your life successes and I wish you total happiness.

Mike (Doc)

Cabs sop/trumpet '03-'10

West Sayville Golden Eagles '08-'10

Latin Express '08-'09

Hawthorne Muchachos '66-'67

Fair Lawn Police cadets '65

Imperial Knights '59-'64

Good words about a very fine person Tom. All I could add is a buon viaggio and all good things.

Having taught with a marching band that competes directly with the band that Jessica teaches I am very happy for her.

Having heard MANY stories about John I can imagine that she's in for a wild ride :tongue:

YAY John!!!!! Best of luck in everything that you do, although I think that somehow you won't need all that luck. :tongue:

Love, Terri and Chris