Independent show looking for Corps

Prairie Sound Drum & Bugle Corps of Olathe, KS is looking for Open Class Corps who might be in the Kansas City area on July 24th.

We are looking at Hosting an Independent Drum Corps Show consisting of Senior all Age and Open Class Corps. 1st come 1st serve.

PM me if your corps is interested.

Thanks,

Jeff,

Prairie Sound!!!

Edited by Kansan

I'll be posting more information on this show Wednesday after work.

We are looking for 6 corps total. Any Combination of Open Class and Senior/All Age Corps. (6 to 8 corps total)

Spring Hill, Kansas would be a good place for Corps to rest rehearse, recharge and perform before heading toward Indianapolis.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering...Can DCI prevent corps in DCI from attending this show ?

No. It is not unusual to see corps doing other performances in venues other then DCI.

No DCI can not and why would it? Several Northeast corps perform at DCA shows (Raiders, Surf, Citations) and now we have the proclamation by Spirit of NJ that they will compete in BOTH DCI & DCA in 2010.

I wonder of DCI memebr corps would ever run a show that was not under the auspices of the DCI umbrella? I guess that would be counterproductive to their own cause.

As far as the Kansas show goees, it seems like the biggest issue for corps is the location. It's not all that close to the existing tour in location or timing.

No DCI can not and why would it? Several Northeast corps perform at DCA shows (Raiders, Surf, Citations) and now we have the proclamation by Spirit of NJ that they will compete in BOTH DCI & DCA in 2010.

I'm almost postive it is another corps affiliated with them that will be competing in DCA should that work out, since I believe there is a rule in DCA about competing in 2 circuits in 1 year.

I ask this because of the demise of numerous traditonal shows World Open, U.S. Open, American Interantional that folded because corps that competed in DCI were band from competing in these shows in the 70's.

We get calls from Corps every years who are passing through town looking for places to stay. The thought was, since corps pass through KC anyway, why not invite them to perform as well. It would help us spread the word of the activity in our area and give the local population some outdoor entertainment that won't break their bank account.

We are not hosting a DCI show because we just can't shovel out 7k or more to DCI for the priveledge of using their Brand. Maybe later when our orginization is larger.

The Johnson County, KS area is a nice place for a Corps to rest up :smile: a day or two enroute to Indianapolis. It's also a place to test out any show changes before the next DCI show.