SUDDEN DEATH! Who's the best brass of the 1990s?

Highest Brass Recap Winners:  

180 members have voted

1. 1. We were in a 3-way tie between three corps when picking the best brass of the 90s. Let's break the tie:

• Star of Indiana 1991
    • Star of Indiana 1993
    • Blue Devils 1994

Wow, I never thought I'd do this. :tongue:

Okay, you know the drill! And please, debate away....was it Star of Indiana 1991 with the amazing mello runs and the lightning speed?

Was it Star of Indiana 1993 with the unforgettable music and performance on finals night?

Or was it Blue Devils 1994 that lit up the season with fire and spice up to finals night, sealing them with the victory?

Take your pick!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the shows mentioned are corps with brilliant brass lines. For me, the most enjoyable listen is still Phantom '96. Also hard to go against the section that carried the legendary show that was the '95 Scouts.

Fortgot to mention that I'm aware that the shows I mentioned weren't an option for this post. Since these three were the ones we're supposed to choose from, I'm guessing there was an original post I never saw. Just my two cents on the subject. As for the three in question, I'd have to go with Star '93.

Find it odd that these three are the ONLY choices of the poll, especially noticing the LACK of 1991 Blue Devils next to 1991 Star considering that Devils beat Star in brass at Finals in 91. By the skin of their teeth, sure..........but there absolutely cannot be a "best brass line of the 90's" poll that lacks a vote for 1991 Devils.

One more note:

The purpose of this poll is specifically to break a 3-way tie. On the other hand, some of you have listed corps not on the list, and I strongly encourage that because obviously it's not to say these three are THE best from the 90s. Feel free to debate as well.

In the meantime, I'm going to open up the poll for the 2000s. Thanks for voting everyone!