SUDDEN DEATH! Who's the best brass of the 1990s?

Highest Brass Recap Winners:  

180 members have voted

1. 1. We were in a 3-way tie between three corps when picking the best brass of the 90s. Let's break the tie:

• Star of Indiana 1991
    • Star of Indiana 1993
    • Blue Devils 1994

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1991 Blue Devils, but I voted for 1994 Blue Devils......wheres 91 BD ?? The real winner ?

G

In the other thread, where it didnt get enough votes to qualify for this tiebreaker. Its ok, I can see how you may have missed that fact, as its only stated once in the poll section, and about 3 times in the thread, including the post immediately before yours... :tongue:

I wanted to vote for 2000 Cadets. But since they aren't IN this poll....

I threw my vote to 93 Star. I was at finals in 93 and 94, so I only know 91 from the CDs and the thoroughly worn out VHS (ah....good times). 93 Star is still one of my favorite brass performances of all time. I have come to appreciate 94 BD as I have aged (like a fine wine...or an old phart). But I can't vote for it out of principle because I wanted Cadets to win, and apparently I hold a grudge.

But I don't hold a grudge against the BD in general, just the 94 show. 93 BD, on the other hand - holy crap! I know, I know, it's not in the poll. But there is a line in the opener for about 20 seconds that I have to repeat every time I listen. Wow. There is a feature on the PBS broadcast showing that section in the parking lot, one section at a time, then all together. If you've got a dusty VHS tape laying around, go pull it out for that feature alone.

Voted 91 Star, easily one of the best mellophone lines I've ever heard.

With my vote, it is now three way tied with 24 votes each. :tongue::worthy:

Gotta love DCP and the PC police.......anyway, if I didnt fully understand, Iwouldnt have voted..but, I still wonder where the real winner, 91 BD is ?????

G

not enough people voted for it in the original poll