The Braddock Jesus flag

Ok, I need some help with this discussion ‘cuz I’m honestly not sure if this is something that actually happened or if it’s something that I only perceived to be happening.

Consider:

Braddock used their red, face-of-Jesus flags at the WGI Orlando Regional.

For anyone who hasn’t seen the flag, it’s a solid red flag with a white silk-screened image of a fairly realistic face of Jesus. (Click the link below to see an approximate version of the flag design) They didn’t use this flag two weeks ago at the Ft. Lauderdale Regional, so I’m not sure this weekend was its debut or if maybe they used it last weekend, too. Either way, it was the first time many people – including myself - had seen it.

(By the way, I happen to love this flag…!!!)

Now, here’s where the story gets tricky.

From where I was sitting in the gym, it seemed to me as if the audience at finals hesitated for a very brief moment before they decided how loudly and how enthusiastically to applaud for the closing ensemble flag feature that Braddock was performing with their red Jesus face flag. And it seemed as if the applause level in general for the remainder of the show was maybe just a bit cautious, too.

When I noticed this slight diminishment in the audience response, I wondered if, perhaps, seeing 25+ bright red flags each with the face of Jesus silk-screened on them might have surprised some people a bit.

And just to make sure that I’m not painting the wrong picture of what I’m thinking I noticed, there wasn’t wide-spread gasping and pointing and mouths hanging open when Braddock started spinning their Jesus flags. It wasn’t a “scene” or anything like that. It just seemed as if something with the audience was slightly off after those Jesus flags came out.

Maybe the same exact response level that I remember hearing for the close of the show at the Ft. Lauderdale regional was happening during this performance and I just couldn’t hear it from the spot where I was sitting.

That’s entirely possible.

Again, this very well might be an example of a situation wherein something that I perceived to be happening might not have been happening at all.

In all fairness, I was sitting toward the top of the bleachers and the acoustics in that area were far from perfect. So, my perceived recognition of less than 100% enthusiasm coming from the audience during the final segment of Braddock’s show could be 100% wrong.

Did anyone else who attended the Orlando regional pick up on this same vibe…???

http://s739.photobucket.com/albums/xx40/Mr...FLAG_SAMPLE.jpg

Edited by Mr. Know it all

Mr. KIA:

Doesn't show up in your Photobucket album. Just a red "x".

Sal

Mr. KIA:

Doesn't show up in your Photobucket album. Just a red "x".

Sal

The flag showed up for me.

Although, I wasn't there.. ..my guess is that your perception is probably accurate. Those who are 'religulous' might consider this sacrilegious? Seems like a ballsy move from Braddock, but then again. . I like ballsy moves! :-)

GET IT BRADDOCK! I think it's a cool flag, and if it fits their theme, I don't see a problem with it.

Can't wait to see them in Dayton! I miss living in Ft Lauderdale and seeing their show progress through the season!

Ok, I need some help with this discussion ‘cuz I’m honestly not sure if this is something that actually happened or if it’s something that I only perceived to be happening.

Consider:

Braddock used their red, face-of-Jesus flags at the WGI Orlando Regional.

For anyone who hasn’t seen the flag, it’s a solid red flag with a white silk-screened image of a fairly realistic face of Jesus. (Click the link below to see an approximate version of the flag design) They didn’t use this flag two weeks ago at the Ft. Lauderdale Regional, so I’m not sure this weekend was its debut or if maybe they used it last weekend, too. Either way, it was the first time many people – including myself - had seen it.

(By the way, I happen to love this flag…!!!)

Now, here’s where the story gets tricky.

From where I was sitting in the gym, it seemed to me as if the audience at finals hesitated for a very brief moment before they decided how loudly and how enthusiastically to applaud for the closing ensemble flag feature that Braddock was performing with their red Jesus face flag. And it seemed as if the applause level in general for the remainder of the show was maybe just a bit cautious, too.

When I noticed this slight diminishment in the audience response, I wondered if, perhaps, seeing 25+ bright red flags each with the face of Jesus silk-screened on them might have surprised some people a bit.

And just to make sure that I’m not painting the wrong picture of what I’m thinking I noticed, there wasn’t wide-spread gasping and pointing and mouths hanging open when Braddock started spinning their Jesus flags. It wasn’t a “scene” or anything like that. It just seemed as if something with the audience was slightly off after those Jesus flags came out.

Maybe the same exact response level that I remember hearing for the close of the show at the Ft. Lauderdale regional was happening during this performance and I just couldn’t hear it from the spot where I was sitting.

That’s entirely possible.

Again, this very well might be an example of a situation wherein something that I perceived to be happening might not have been happening at all.

In all fairness, I was sitting toward the top of the bleachers and the acoustics in that area were far from perfect. So, my perceived recognition of less than 100% enthusiasm coming from the audience during the final segment of Braddock’s show could be 100% wrong.

Did anyone else who attended the Orlando regional pick up on this same vibe…???

http://s739.photobucket.com/albums/xx40/Mr...FLAG_SAMPLE.jpg

It wasnt the flag at all. I think most people cant even tell what it is while spinning. BUT I truly think it was because Braddock was sooooooo spot on throughout the show then it started to fall apart a bit with individuals. I think if it stayed the same the place would have gone nuts.. Anyway great show Braddock!

The flag showed up for me.

Although, I wasn't there.. ..my guess is that your perception is probably accurate. Those who are 'religulous' might consider this sacrilegious? Seems like a ballsy move from Braddock, but then again. . I like ballsy moves! :-)

I remember a few years ago....Northmont hung a girl!!!!!. Great crowd reaction to that. So if people cant stand up for a Jesus flag. We are all going to HELL!!!

I remember a few years ago....Northmont hung a girl!!!!!. Great crowd reaction to that. So if people cant stand up for a Jesus flag. We are all going to HELL!!!

a few years? more like 13! :laughing: I know that personally, I'm not offended by the jesus flag, but I'm sure there are going to be those who are.. .

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

a few years? more like 13! :laughing: I know that personally, I'm not offended by the jesus flag, but I'm sure there are going to be those who are.. .

I know right!!!!!! I enjoyed that show so much...(Northmont) it seems like it was just yesterday!

:laughing: Edited by dugg