The Ultimate Fan Network

Gym cam ( so we can sit at home and enjoy the true art of the penny toss at 3 am)

yea...probably want to leave that one out :tongue:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite simply:

Any and all audio/video of corps performances since DCI's inception should be included.

I can't think of one reason they shouldn't be.

Quite simply:

Any and all audio/video of corps performances since DCI's inception should be included.

I can't think of one reason they shouldn't be.

The one reason you should be thinking of is licensing. The licensing was not obtained in BITD, and DCI has spent a significant amount of money to obtain the licensing for the top 12 from prior years. Unless there is gonna be enough revenue earned from downloads and Fan Network subscriptions to cover the costs, they are not gonna do it. Once it's posted for a while, it won't be new any longer, and there will still be compliants about a lack of content other than historical videos.

Quite simply, if you want more content, volunteer to tour with a corps for the summer, buy the equipment to shoot the video and edit the footage, and produce the content for distribution.

I would like a "select all button" or a feature where I could create a playlist of shows. I like to run the network in the background when I am at work. It is a pain to have to go select shows on an individual basis.

I would like a "select all button" or a feature where I could create a playlist of shows. I like to run the network in the background when I am at work. It is a pain to have to go select shows on an individual basis.

I understand 100%, however, at the same time I must ask myself " wow, he must have a tough life" :tongue:

The Fan Network uses Brightcove for video streaming. Brightcove now offers HTML5. DCI needs to pony up the little extra and utilize this so people on mobile devices can watch.

HTML5

HTML5

HTML5

HTML5

HTML5

The Fan Network uses Brightcove for video streaming. Brightcove now offers HTML5. DCI needs to pony up the little extra and utilize this so people on mobile devices can watch.

Question is, will you pony up extra to pay for it?

Question is, will you pony up extra to pay for it?

To be able to watch the fan network on my iPhone and my iPad.....he'll ya! My hunch is that there are tons of kids on tour that would do the same.

BTW - I think the developer package to use html5 would only cost dci $500.