Because the news media is so wrapped up in everything else!

I understand that there are stories that seem much more important to the news media but almost all have all but ignored this one. Over the past 3 days Nashville and surrounding areas have gotten more than 18+ inches of rain. The entire city is practically under water. We have 3 major interstates running thru our city and all have been closed due to severe flooding. Thousands of homes, vehicles businesses have been destroyed. Landmarks have been severely damaged also. The Opryland Hotel has 10+ feet of water in it. The Grand Ole Opry House has water over the stage. Downtown Nashville has suffered too. The Bridgestone Area (where the Preditors play) is flooded. LP Field (Titans) has water up to the first row of seats. Our symphony hall has los a 2.5 million dollar organ and several Steinway Grand pianos and the main floor is buckled. Many roads are washed out and it may be months before traffic can resume normally around the area. Our farm itself is under water but our family and animals are safe and sound (thankfully). There have been many deaths and more may be found when the water recedes. The Cumberland River crested at 51.9 feet. Flood stage is 40 feet. As far as I know all of our MCL family is safe but I have not heard from everyone yet. Please keep us all in your prayers as we clean up, dig out and put our lives back together. Red cross donation can be made by texting 90999 and a $10 donation will be added to your phone bill. Thank you in advance for your donations and help.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my best to you all... keep Bunny dry... I assume the bunny bungalow is dry?

Yes, we are dry. The water got within 5' of our front steps but is now starting to recede. The farm is still under water though. Here are some photos of the farm.Farm flood photos

my best to you all... keep Bunny dry... I assume the bunny bungalow is dry?

Edited by MCL_Contra

we're pulling for you

Nashville is a special place for me as many of you know. It breaks Peggy's and My heart to see the pictures. We actually saw a picture of a table under water where we had eaten. People were saved from a Time Share that we usually use.

God Bless MCL people an all people from Tenn.

If there is anything we can do Scott just call.