Are there true loyalties in DCI like there are in the NFL?

Are you completely solid on one corps like you are solid on an NFL team? Loyal to none other than them?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Choices

• I am indifferent
    • I find something to like in all corps
    • I only like one corps and no other
    • I like only a small handful of corps
    • I plead the 5th

I generally enjoy all corps, but Spirit of Atlanta and Phantom Regiment have always had a special place in my heart.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day...70s-80s when a corps kept it's "style" from one year to the next, it was easy to have a favorite. I was always a 27th lancer's fan.. because I liked the style of show they put out each year...you could always tell it was 27...even if they didn't have unforms on....then after they folded was a time that Santa Clara was on a run of shows that I really enjoyed...they were developing a "story/musical" style...so I always rooted for them more then the others. Then they (and most of the other corps), started changing not only their shows...but their style as well....became a bit more..."out there"... Yea...there are still a few hold outs (Phantom being one), but generally speaking if you took the uniform off these days, you might have to think a bit before figuring out what corps it was...so...to answer the question, now my favorite changes from year to year..all depends on what they do this summer...But is was nice knowing who I was going to root for back then...