off seasons rumors

Wow, that's a major change for both of them! Interesting coincidence: Greg was at Greenwood eons ago; as I recall, he was at Jasper, then Greenwood, then Lawrence Central.

Greg and Tod have been involved with the Greenwood program in recent years also. Not really a new program for them as they have been designing for the marching band and Open Class winter guard for awhile.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since were on the topic i have some questions about the Central schools. laurence, franklin and, of course warren. what happened to franklin after 03? and do they still compete? are all these schools district connected? who has warren and were the staff members once connected to Franklin? i feel they have a similiar stylistic approach. thanks.

-rich

Franklin Central is in SA now...

my sources say there will be a new independant guard coming out in the atlanta ga. area! :thumbup:

Is this the one affiliated with the Corps Vets drum and bugle corps? If so, they made an announcement several weeks ago.

no.

Jeff Wrokbelski (sp?) was at Franklin Central til 2003.... then he went to Warren Central and, in my opinion, they are the spitting image of Franklin Central.... kind of strange to me.... although I enjoy WC's shows a bit more... they aren't quite as repetitive as FC's show's always seemed to be.... BUT this is all my opinion.

I look forward to the new Lawrence Central - sad to see Greg and Tod go, but hopefully they'll pull Greenwood up to WGI status... Indiana needs another world class color guard anyway : )

I look forward to the new Lawrence Central - sad to see Greg and Tod go, but hopefully they'll pull Greenwood up to WGI status... Indiana needs another world class color guard anyway : )

Greenwood's Open guard is, and has been, quite strong in Indiana. The Greenwood A guard has also done well in Indiana the few years they have been around. The question isn't about "WGI status" but rather will Greenwood even return to the WGI arena at all? Maybe with a newer band director there...this can happen!

Is the band director at GReenwood not supportive of the guard or something? I know their fall program is quite remarkable, but I've not seen the indoor group(s).