Surprises from Open Class Corps

Spartans definitely will be surprising to see how they manage to come back from their infamous folding of last year. With their five star instructors, and hard working kids, let's see what they can pull off, it won't just be the guard doing a phenomenal job as they probably have the best color guard of open class. I can see them being in the top 3

7th Regiment will also be an exciting one to see. Ever since 2008 they have been moving their way up on the totem pole, and after last years well put together show, their show this year will definitely be one to see as their numbers have most likely increased and incredible design staff (most of which are BAC alumni), let's see what they bring to the field. If done right, this corps can be top 5 material.

I have a feeling VK will be falling short on the totem pole this year. They are going with the same show concepts, granted they are entertaining, however the other corps are maturing in their programs.

Best of luck to all of open class

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say this is a bigger step than any other program cuz who else has the maturity to play so many diff styles in one show, and yes I'm talking about VK. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Texas

I agree with you gametimeon50 about 7th Regiment. They have been getting better every year for the past few years. Although I can see them more making the top 7 or 8. We'll just see...

As for VK, I've never seen them live, but I do know they're a good corps, and I'm sure they'll make finals again this year.

BDB I'm sure will win again this year, since they are the only corps from the Open Class Top 5 last year who is going back to Open Class finals.

I'm also glad to see that there are so many new Open Class corps that are competing this summer. It's nice to see more new corps than corps that are folding/not coming out in any given year. :tongue:

i would say this is a bigger step than any other program cuz who else has the maturity to play so many diff styles in one show, and yes I'm talking about VK. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Texas

VKALLTHEWAY!

Spartans definitely will be surprising to see how they manage to come back from their infamous folding of last year. With their five star instructors, and hard working kids, let's see what they can pull off, it won't just be the guard doing a phenomenal job as they probably have the best color guard of open class. I can see them being in the top 3

7th Regiment will also be an exciting one to see. Ever since 2008 they have been moving their way up on the totem pole, and after last years well put together show, their show this year will definitely be one to see as their numbers have most likely increased and incredible design staff (most of which are BAC alumni), let's see what they bring to the field. If done right, this corps can be top 5 material.

I certainly hope they can pull off top 5. Hell, four of the old top 5 won't be there.

I'm not so sure Spartans can pull off such a quick recovery as top 3 after a year off, but they're good, so there's no doubt in my mind that they're not going to fall too far behind.

Pretty confident VK will do just fine, I see progress. The show music is primarily similar in the fact that it switches styles so frequently.

On all of this, I really think that, especially in open class, it's really difficult to make predictions unless you're seeing the rehearsals.

The open class corps I was really impressed with last year was Music City. I think they will continue to improve and be even better this year.

The open class corps I was really impressed with last year was Music City. I think they will continue to improve and be even better this year.

You know, the couple of times we were at a show with them, they sounded really good and did pretty good for their first year. I really hope they have a great year and can stay around. They'll be great