Enfield Centurions Drum and Bugle Corps, Enfield CT

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer some of the questions.

1. The Centurions are coming back as an all-age competitive corps, not an alumni corps.

2. Yes, we were a junior back in the day. The Enfield Sabres were a separate organization. No relation.

3. Our feeder corps (if I remember correctly) was called the Young Romans.

Gary, please PM me and I'd be glad to talk to you about the status of the other corps we've been involved with.

IIRC, in the last year or so, some of these folks have been involved in he start up of at least 3 corps now,...................what is the status of all of these other groups?

That a VERY good Question, would love to hear an answer.

The Sabers organization had folded for good by 1982. It must have been 1972???

I was only a small child in 72. I do remember a very small corps called the enfield sabers opening up for our Tornadoes home show in 1982. Im not sure if they were judged. I never saw them again after that. It could have been an early attempt to reform the corps under the Sabers name. I dont know.

That a VERY good Question, would love to hear an answer.

So would I, I was wondering the same thing. They must have alot of free time.

For the record, the last time this team was together, we successfully brought the Sunrisers back from the dead in 2002. We all worked together until 2006.

I am also on the Board of Directors and founder of StarCross Youth Performing Arts in Bethlehem, PA. This will be a junior drum and bugle corps. Our organization is doing well after just completing a successful indoor guard season.

Since 2006, all of us have been at various places. All of them have been with the notion of helping drum corps. We have rejoined the bring the Centurions back to the field.

For the record, the last time this team was together, we successfully brought the Sunrisers back from the dead in 2002. We all worked together until 2006.

I am also on the Board of Directors and founder of StarCross Youth Performing Arts in Bethlehem, PA. This will be a junior drum and bugle corps. Our organization is doing well after just completing a successful indoor guard season.

Since 2006, all of us have been at various places. All of them have been with the notion of helping drum corps. We have rejoined the bring the Centurions back to the field.

How about this one posted a few months back? There was a prior announcement of the Marauders Parade Corps by Nick ... guess people on here are just interested in how the new ventures are progressing ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come One! Come All!

The next rehearsal for the Marauders Mini-Corps will be held Saturday, March27 (tomorrow) at the Nyack Center.

Address:

The Nyack Center

58 Depew Avenue

Nyack, NY

Saturday's rehearsal will be from 1 to 5PM. We continue to learn new music and look forward to new faces!

See you there!

Edited by ajlisko

How about this one posted a few months back? There was a prior announcement of the Marauders Parade Corps by Nick ... guess people on here are just interested in how the new ventures are progressing ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come One! Come All!

The next rehearsal for the Marauders Mini-Corps will be held Saturday, March27 (tomorrow) at the Nyack Center.

Address:

The Nyack Center

58 Depew Avenue

Nyack, NY

Saturday's rehearsal will be from 1 to 5PM. We continue to learn new music and look forward to new faces!

See you there!

then there is Sounds of Philly also,.....................?

I was only a small child in 72. I do remember a very small corps called the enfield sabers opening up for our Tornadoes home show in 1982. Im not sure if they were judged. I never saw them again after that. It could have been an early attempt to reform the corps under the Sabers name. I dont know.

Possible. After the corps BOD and management team changed in '77, I was no longer part of the equation. I thought they folded around 1980 but they could have been around thru '82.

then there is Sounds of Philly also,.....................?

Found this posted by TSOP on March 23rd ... I don't recall Larry and Nick associated with Philly:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is with a heavy heart that the Board and managment of TSOP Inc. has decided to not field the Corps for DCA in the 2010 season.

Reasons behind this decision is due to lack of membership to properly field a quality show in the DCA class of performance, We have all worked hard to try to put out a quality performance but the end result has been that it wouldn't meet the standards of what would be considered proper in the high paced top notch performance needed to compete.

The Sounds of Philadelphhia are still working this season as both a Mini Corps as well as working towards the Arena Drum Corps Circuit as we will build towards the 2011 season.

The entire TSOP organization as well as it's membership wish the very best of luck to all of the DCA Corps in the 2010 season, we also wish to thank the board of DCA and we will continue to work to bring the reality of DCA drum corps back to Philadelphia.