New stadium approved for the 49ers...

What's wrong with Stanford's new digs?

Stanford is nice, its just not very big. About half the seating capacity of the old Stanford Stadium (the one they held the Superbowl in).

As someone mentioned earlier, this is NOT AT ALL a done deal. All the initiative did is said that the city of Santa Clara won't block them from building the stadium...its been a topic of contention for a few years now. San Francisco ALSO plans to build a new stadium near the current Monster Park (Candlestick), along with some desperately needed redevelopment of the surrounding neighborhood. Money could still be an issue with a near billion dollar stadium, the 49ers may be wooed back to SF, etc.

I love this stadium. It looks awesome.

Only problem... the press box is on the club side of the stadium which doesn't have an upper deck. So, if you had the judges in the pressbox, you'd either have the fans sitting on the opposite end of the marching and playing or the judges depending on who the corps is playing to, as in what direction. Still, if they play facing the box, they're going to be playing into the side of a building basically... not that that stopped the BP Containment Dome from being approved for 10 consecutive World Championships... :shutup:

I love this stadium. It looks awesome.

Only problem... the press box is on the club side of the stadium which doesn't have an upper deck. So, if you had the judges in the pressbox, you'd either have the fans sitting on the opposite end of the marching and playing or the judges depending on who the corps is playing to, as in what direction. Still, if they play facing the box, they're going to be playing into the side of a building basically... not that that stopped the BP Containment Dome from being approved for 10 consecutive World Championships... :shutup:

College Park in 2000 was a similar setup. I believe the judges just sat at the top of the stands.

I just want to be able to see some of my favorite corps without a plane ticket or a month long bus ride, for a change. I'm all for DCI in CA.

That is a beautiful stadium. From the pic it looks like it would have really great views from everywhere and isnt as broken up at Lucas. I might make it back to finals. Havent been since Denver 04 and cant wait for the event to get back outside where Drum Corps belongs.

Bring 2014 to NJ, Super Bowl is already here :shutup:

Warm up areas at LOS aren't great anyway. I understand that certain corps get to warm up inside (top 5 maybe?), which sucks because it's in a garage. The rest of us have to head off to a park and make the trek through downtown Indy. Not really ideal for anybody.

Just to correct a detail -

all corps warm up at White River state park which is a couple of blocks north of the stadium.

DCI does have some space at the nearby Indiana Convention Center on reserve in case of inclement weather. That is where all corps would warm up if they could no longer warm up outside.

I thought I remember 2013 as being the year we get REAL Finals back...but I could be wrong.