CLASS ACT

CLASS ACT, DCPI's ALL-Age circuit returns! The series will run from July 3rd to September 5th at the CLASS All-Age Championship Tournament (CLASS ACT) in Rochester NY. CLASS ACT is run and sponsored by CLASS, but you do not need to be a CLASS Corps to participate! All are welcome. Scores will be derived from DCA scores (current scores where available). Caption choices would coincide with scores from that day if the real corps is competing OR the LAST score for that caption recorded OR if the corps has not competed, a percentage of their finals score from 2009.

Each director is allowed TWO corps this season, but no more than FOUR captions can match.

Here is the season schedule (those interested in hosting should let me know):

July 3rd Montreal QUE Célébration de Corps de Tambour hosted by The Knights and Les Blanc Chevalier

July 11th Hartford CT or Columbus OH

July 18th Minneapolis MN or Colorado Springs CO

July 28th CLASS Championships Bowling Green KY-ALL corps must attend

August 1st Athens GA

August 8th Trenton NJ or Toledo OH

August 14th DCPI Championships Indianapolis IN-ALL Corps must attend

August 21st Orlando FL

August 28th Reading PA or San Diego CA

September 4th CLASS All-Age Tournament Preliminaries Rochester NY Top 10 move on

September 5th CLASS All-Age Tournament CHAMPIONSHIP

A corps must compete in at least 4 non-required shows prior to September 4th in order to be eligible for Preliminaries/Finals.

Any corps interested in attending should send the following information to CLASS President Gary L Currier

Corps Name:

Director:

Number of participants in corps:

Completed schedule (using above shows):

Completed Captions:

Field Visual:

Ensemble Visual:

Color Guard:

VISUAL COMPOSITION WORTH 30

Field Brass:

Ensemble Brass:

Field Percussion:

Ensemble Percussion:

MUSIC COMPOSITION WORTH 30

GE Visual 1:

GE Visual 2:

GE Music 1:

GE Music 2:

GE WORTH 40

Points are based off a scale system from last seasons scores based on highest to lowest—I have included as many corps as I could based on projected return and show scheduling. Any corps NOT included was excluded for solid reason.

Pts Corps ABR

25 Buccaneers BUC

24 Minnesota Brass MB

24 Empire Statesmen ES

23 Hurricanes H

22 Caballeros CAB

20 Renegades REN

19 Alliance A

19 Bushwackers BUSH

16 CorpsVets CV

16 Govenaires GOV

15 Kilties KILT

13 Grenadiers GREN

11 Carolina gold CG

11 Fusion Core FC

9 SoCal Dream SCD

8 White Sabers WS

7 Sun Devils SD

6 Sunrisers SUN

1 Shenandoah Sound SS

1 Gulf Coast Sound GCS

You can use up to 180 points to fill your 11 captions. You do need to choose a corps for each caption. If two corps (or more) pick the same captions, then the corps that submitted first will keep the captions, subsequent corps will have the option of keeping the captions with a .25 penalty for every corps that has picked before them (i.e. you were second in to me, its .25, 3rd in to me .5 4th into me .75).

There will be one period that allows for all 11 of your captions to be changed. The period will be between August 9th-20th.

Caption choices need to be in before July 3rd.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on this season?

its looking pretty dead currently....i have TWO corps....

However--i push on! I will still have scores for the two tomorrow lol and I am not giving penalties for late starts--so.....people can still jump in!

This looks intrigueing - but I won't be ready to enter anything until the end of week.

I planned on entering this group into DCP-I XV, but maybe I can give 'em a good trial run in yours :thumbdown:

The brand-new, All-Ages corps: the Oostburg Barnstormers!

This looks intrigueing - but I won't be ready to enter anything until the end of week.

I planned on entering this group into DCP-I XV, but maybe I can give 'em a good trial run in yours :thumbdown:

The brand-new, All-Ages corps: the Oostburg Barnstormers!

sounds good--get it to me then and then Ill at least have 3 corps! LOL hey figuring scores will not take long!!! COME ON PEOPLE! where are all the past corps? If something needs to change in the format I can do that...

I know MN Madness Senior is excited to get this season kicked off. It was great traveling to our friendly neighbors to the North (Canada) for our first show. We got to debute our 2010 production: The Divine Comedy featuring the music of Dante's musical pieces Inferno, Paradiso, and Ascension. This show is different in many ways from years past and the corps is having a blast performing this show. More details later.

Inferno:

Paradiso:

Ascension:

We here at MN Madness hope you enjoy this show!!

WE ARE UP TO THREE!!!!

There is still time to join--im hoping to get everyone in this weekend...I may need to adjust schedules due to lack of participation--its not fun to have one corps at a show...I may just have last weeks have been an exhibition....

Look for Soul of Georgia's membership info sometime tomorrow afternoon.