Corps Numbers

Then obviously you need to schedule lots of performances! :smile:

We have 2 big DCI shows this weekend so we should pick up a few more folks for the Minnesota and Rochester weekends.

No other shows in the area short of traveling 750 miles to Texas.

Mike Ryan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High Country is marching 20 brass, as of today, 10 guard, 5 battery, and 3 pit, 1 dm.

We keep getting a few new folks after our performances so who knows where we'll be by September.

Why are members fairly easy to find but hard to keep around?

Lots of reasons.

1. Years back if you joined something you stood by your committment, many times that doesn't happen today

2. Could be what is offered is not for the person (or to much)

3. We tend to hype things when we recruit and some groups can't follow through on the hype promise.

4. The person plain ole didn't know what they were getting into.

Theres a few I have come across from time to time

Good Luck

Didn't Sun win brass with 35 horns once or twice? It was a long time ago, maybe the late 80's/ early 90's, but I know they did it at least once. Bush has won brass with smaller hornlines too in the same era, plus in 2006, although I think that year was one of there bigger lines.

You're right, 20 horns won't beat 60, but you can win brass with 40 to 50 horns if you have the talent. Personally, I like it when corps have 60 or more AND the talent. What a sound!

1983 we had 39 horns and won overall and took high horns. 10 Baritones, only 2 thirds. Ernie was on one side and I was on the other.