Arlington VA 6/26 Show Housing Sites

Looking for a list of the housing sites for the Arlington, VA (i.e. Washington DC) DCI show this Saturday, June 26th. Thanks.

BackBeat

An Update...Phantom Regiment not staying at show site but will leave to drive to the show site at 8:45am on Saturday. They will practice and host clinic at the show site on Saturday (per Phantom's website)

Edited by BackBeat

Housing sites are as listed on each corps's individual website calendar:

Phantom Regiment - High Point High School, MD

Bluecoats - C. H. Flowers High School, MD

Boston Crusaders -

Crossmen - Bowie High School, MD

Spirit - Crossland High School, MD

Jersey Surf - Central High School, MD

Btw I'm kind of a newbie to drum corps, is it okay if I just drive to one of these housing sites (specifically, Regiment), walk over to the stands, grab a seat and watch them rehearse?

Edited by corgonin

Boston Crusaders -

Btw I'm kind of a newbie to drum corps, is it okay if I just drive to one of these housing sites (specifically, Regiment), walk over to the stands, grab a seat and watch them rehearse?

should be fine... just stay out of the way. If you are going to take pictures, it would be good if you asked first. Corps often draw crowds at rehearsals. Sometimes a few hundred people will be in the stands.

Edited by soccerguy315

Boston Crusaders -

They're all staying in Maryland for a Virginia show? :tongue:

They're all staying in Maryland for a Virginia show? :tongue:

Are you not familiar with the NoVa/DC/MD area? These are all pretty close to the show site.

Edited by liebot

Boston Crusaders -

Boston Could be (I'm not sure) at the show site Wakefield High. ??

Are you not familiar with the NoVa/DC/MD area? These are all pretty close to the show site.

Of course I'm familiar with NOVA. I live in the area.

I just find it amazing that everyone is staying in MD for a Virginia show since there's a whole bunch of schools in Fairfax/Prince William/Loudon/Stafford. But that's just me speaking. Not saying MD is far, which it really isn't.

Of course I'm familiar with NOVA. I live in the area.

I just find it amazing that everyone is staying in MD for a Virginia show since there's a whole bunch of schools in Fairfax/Prince William/Loudon/Stafford. But that's just me speaking. Not saying MD is far, which it really isn't.

From something I recall from a few years back - Faifax & PW schools had a very difficult time getting the OK from their admistrators - someone has to pay for lights, AC, etc, and budgets are tight now. Easy for them to say no

Boston Crusaders -

Thanks Corgonin...BTW all of the High Schools above are located PG County, MD which kind of implies that the PG County school system must have been receptive to drum corps.

BackBeat

Thanks Corgonin...BTW all of the High Schools above are located PG County, MD which kind of implies that the PG County school system must have been receptive to drum corps.

BackBeat

Sigh. REALLY?? The one weekend I'm going home, I have drum corps in my backyard. Clearly my best friend from home didn't consider this when she set a wedding date, how rude of her...

Also, kinda weird, since PG County doesn't really do the whole competitive marching band thing.