Alumni Show this weekend

Hi guys,

Just an update. All the mentioned groups are in the parade which starts at 11:30am. Boston & Kevin's passed on the exhibition. Rockland, Hawthorne & Sac are performing at the HS stadium at 3pm. It's free and there is also a huge carnival at the same school so it is a good family event.

Each year The Defenders hold a family BBQ after one of our events. We planned this event for the time in between the parade & the exhibition. Once it was down to the three of us we decided to host Sac & Cabs as well so we will be feeding all three corps (250 people) after the parade. It's a good opportunity for us "newbies" in the alumni world to mingle with two corps we respect and admire.

Here is a picture of some of the Cabs Alumni going through the food line during yesterdays cook out hosted by the Defenders in Braintree, MA.

picnic.jpg

Edited by DPEmerald

Here is a picture of some of the Cabs Alumni going through the food line during yesterdays cook out hosted by the Defenders in Braintree, MA.

picnic.jpg

I would personally like to thank you and all of the Defenders for your gracious hospitality yesterday. It was appreciated by everyone in Cabs Alumni. This is just one of the things that makes alumni corps so special to those of us who are fortunate enough to be a part of one. Thank you, Defenders.

Like Carol, I would also like to thank the Holy Family Defenders for their hospitality in hosting us at their barbecue yesterday. The food was great, and they offered us all we could eat!

More important and significant was the friendliness and warmth we felt as we mingled with the membership. Thank You, Defenders!

Thanks, Defenders for hosting the barbeque. It was much appreciated.

Bill Lewis

BSGK

Thanks, Defenders for hosting the barbeque. It was much appreciated.

Bill Lewis

BSGK

I want to join in thanking the Defenders for their hospitality. The food was great! And the camaraderie (sp?) was even better.

I got a chance to meet and talk with a guy I hadn't seen since we competed against each other (in Braintree) back in the Fifties. It was wonderful (except that he's aged quite a bit).

Thanks again Defenders.

A couple more pics from the taken by Phil, HFD Bass drummer.

picnic2.JPG

cabssac.JPG

Edited by DPEmerald