Fourth of July Parades

I know this is posted in the DCA side of the house, but I was surprised to learn today that the Madison Scouts and Pioneer are marching in the parade in my community of Wauwatosa, WI, just next door to Milwaukee on 07/05.

Edited by Jim Anello

I know this is posted in the DCA side of the house, but I was surprised to learn today that the Madison Scouts and Pioneer are marching in the parade in my community of Wauwatosa, WI, just next door to Milwaukee on 07/05.

Note to self..... Put in Topic or Sub-Topic line that this thread is for all corps. :sad:

Thanks for the update, never saw a top DCI corps do a parade and should be interesting.

There is a list of corps and the parades they're in on the DCI website-and some competing and alumni corps are listed, in addition to the DCI corps (Govies, Manchester Muchachos and Boston Crusader Sr. IIRC). It looks like Bristol RI will be a drum corps fan's dream come true, there have to be at least 8 to 10 or more marching in that one.

Cabs Alumni will once again be in Brockway, PA for an afternoon exhibition and the evening parade, being held on Saturday, July 3rd. In our first appearance there last year, we discovered that this is a huge Independence Day Festival/Carnival in a small town. We were told that literally hundreds of thousands of people pour into Brockway each year for the event from surrounding areas. After the great reception we received last year, we are looking forward to our return.

Incidentally, that Bristol, RI parade is also part of a larger celebration which includes a DCI contest the night before, hence the big-name DCI corps marching the next day. We were there several years ago to do a post-contest exhibition, and also marched the parade, which was very, very, long!

Grenadiers will be in Oswego NY for the 4th of July. We do not have many chances to celebrate with our American friends.

I am glad you are coming to town to celebrate with us - Can't wait to see you all! Rudy's for a Texas hot and a beer would be great after the parade! Good luck on Saturday!

Cheryl

The PRIME TIME BRASS from Rochester N.Y. will be playing on the 4th at WATKINS GLEN RACETRACK playing the National Anthem of both the USA and CANADA for the the start of the INDY CAR RACES and mabey live on ABC SPORTS, on Saturday the 3rd we will be at Penfield NY and just finished today Thursday the 1st playing in NIAGARA FALLS, CANADA at the CANADA DAY celebrations

We will also playing before the race starts in the infield areaof the racetrack, strolling and playing for everyone there.