6 open class scores

BDB is just fine where they are, nothing needs to change. They have finally grown into the strong feeder corps that they were always supposed to be.

No reason to mess with the mojo. :thumbdown:

Both this idea and the merge idea have real problems. Merging is the same as folding BDB. Very few of those kids could make BD. BDB under a different name? Why change unless you change the organization and if you do that, you will fold BDB and then have another fever, or some such corp.

The BD family works well... Well supported by the community, well supported by its fan base, and pretty successful. Perhaps the rest of the world corps should follow this example. S

hould we have this same thread at SCV Cadet? BTW, for the record, SCV Cadet is an outstanding organization and corp and does well within the SCV tradition. I think that they have 5 championships.

Currently, there are only four WC corps that have "feeder" programs: BD(2), SCV, Blue Stars, and Colts. Since Blue Star Cadets do not compete (at least not right now), that only makes three corps out of 23 with a competitive feeder corps program. It would seem that the days of CCI (Cadet Corps International), DCM, DCW, etc. are long gone. Sad but true. I would personally love to see all of the corps bring back their feeders (remember how good Phantom Legion, Madison Junior Scouts, Cavie Cadets, etc. were?), but in today's world where no one wants to volunteer anymore, kids only want to march in the WC top 12, and "the expert" fans bash anyone performing on a level below the WC top 7, it is just not going to happen. The world has become too high and mighty for cadet corps.

Currently, there are only four WC corps that have "feeder" programs: BD(2), SCV, Blue Stars, and Colts. Since Blue Star Cadets do not compete (at least not right now), that only makes three corps out of 23 with a competitive feeder corps program. It would seem that the days of CCI (Cadet Corps International), DCM, DCW, etc. are long gone. Sad but true. I would personally love to see all of the corps bring back their feeders (remember how good Phantom Legion, Madison Junior Scouts, Cavie Cadets, etc. were?), but in today's world where no one wants to volunteer anymore, kids only want to march in the WC top 12, and "the expert" fans bash anyone performing on a level below the WC top 7, it is just not going to happen. The world has become too high and mighty for cadet corps.

agreed with the earlier comments, but I have to say that at least for Vanguard Cadet and BDB, the volunteer level is great. My guess is that each WC corp would have to make this a priority for it to happen. For BDB and SCV Cadet, the WC organizations absolutely do make it a priority, even for very young kids in BDC. This is one reason that I support BD and Vanguard so much!

agreed with the earlier comments, but I have to say that at least for Vanguard Cadet and BDB, the volunteer level is great. My guess is that each WC corp would have to make this a priority for it to happen. For BDB and SCV Cadet, the WC organizations absolutely do make it a priority, even for very young kids in BDC. This is one reason that I support BD and Vanguard so much!

I agree...BDB, BDC and SCV Cadets are so successful because their parent organizations truly invest in all their groups successes. These groups tirelessly work the network well to keep parents and volunteers well-informed and motivated. Also, the kids within these corps actively support their various divisions. This is quite obvious when people attend family day which officially opens the season. It is great to see all the kids performing and cheering each other on. So even though the younger groups are always in awe of their older counterparts, they are never led to believe they provide less of a performance. In fact, these groups also do a great job promoting a excellence in music performance and a love of performing arts, not just the whole competition aspect (and these kids understand how it works). In this educational climate of "cut the programs" these programs that have cadet corps can teach our legistators this lesson. I hope DCI and partipating Drum Corps continue to help show the importance of music education at all levels of a child's/young adult's education.

Edited by txorchdork013