Blue Knights Hornline

Hey Guys saw you from the top of the Stanford Box Saturday night and not only was it a truly great show your horn line sounded effing fantastic!! Dudes it was awesome. This is the first Blue Knights show I can remember in years that I truly loved.

Starting to feel more and more like 1980 or the year we dinos like to refer to as "The Year Nobody Sucked". Crude, perhaps, but it was an absolutely wonderful year from 1 - 12 and you didn't want to miss a thing at all of the major shows.

The other identifying feature of 1980 was the inclusion of corps having a great year in the top 5. That year saw the 27th Lancers in 2nd, the Bridgemen in 3rd and (I'm doing this off the top of my old head, so forgive me if I'm wrong) Spirit of Atlanta in 4th. Let's hope the judging community is as open minded this year in truly rewarding what they see and hear in front of them and not relying on reputation, slotting, or anything else for determing the corps' placements this year.

Cheers!

Karen

I saw BK's performance at Stanford, and I was blown away; it reminded me of seeing Phantom for the first time in 2003. The hornline gave me the only chills of the night; they are LOUD, but still have a nice dark sound. The music is beautiful and the show features full songs rather than snippets of melodies. I wish I had another chance to see them live again this season. Thanks BK for putting together a classic drum corps show and reminding me what I love so much about this activity.

Has the been one single report of hornline that is NOT loud?

Or has there been a single report of a corps that is "not doing very well this year?"

Or has there been any report of a drumline that isn't very clean for this time of year?

No...every hornline is louder than ever, every corps is in their "best ever" mode, every guard is better than ever, and every drumline is cleaner than ever.

Funny stuff.

Has the been one single report of hornline that is NOT loud?

Or has there been a single report of a corps that is "not doing very well this year?"

Or has there been any report of a drumline that isn't very clean for this time of year?

No...every hornline is louder than ever, every corps is in their "best ever" mode, every guard is better than ever, and every drumline is cleaner than ever.

Funny stuff.

In my opinion, this shows how great of an activity this really is...... so many of us are into it so much, but yet we forget every year just how good these young musicians/guard people really are. :sleeping: