Legendary shows of all time ( vote tally )

I thought it interesting to tally the votes on the closed thread below on whom DCP'ers selected as their most Legendary Corps shows of all time. The rankings were a little different ( but not much ) than the nationwide poll conducted by DCI in their Classic Countdown results few years back. Anyway, for what it's worth, here are the legendary shows as selected by DCP'ers, and the number of times their show was selected by our fellow DCP'ers :

1) 1984 Garfield Cadets ( 38 )

2) 2008 Phantom Regiment ( 35 )

3) 1993 Star of Indiana ( 27 )

4) 1989 Santa Clara Vanguard ( 18 )

5) 1995 Madison Scouts ( 16 )

6) 1986 Blue Devils ( 13 )

7) 1975 Madison Scouts ( 12 )

8) 2002 Cavaliers ( 11 )

9) 1988 Madison/ 1991 Star ( 10 )

10 ) 1987 Santa Clara Vanguard ( 8)

The other Corps shows that received more than 5 votes was the 1982 Blue Devils ( 6)

Anyway, I just thought I'd tally up that vote on that thread, so DCP'ers can see what other DCP'ers liked the most.

Edited by BRASSO

Those 12 in a show - I would pay BIG BUCKS to see that! I would truly call each of those shows legen.......wait for it......dary.

And 82 Blue Devils did not get enough votes!

Thanks BRASSO.

I enjoy these things as it helps me come up with create new ways to organize play-lists for listing to my DC collection.

I have been getting really creative as of late doing things like the all Kitties DCI finals tracks.

While enjoyable and creative it is also fun to get ideas like these corps/years for fresh tracks.

I was actually a bit surprised by that as well... for many years the BD mantra was do it like the 82 Devils.

Thanks BRASSO.

I enjoy these things as it helps me come up with create new ways to organize play-lists for listing to my DC collection.

I have been getting really creative as of late doing things like the all Kitties DCI finals tracks.

While enjoyable and creative it is also fun to get ideas like these corps/years for fresh tracks.

You're welcome. It took a bit to go through all the 11 or so thread pages to tally it up, but I was curious myself to see what my DCP'ers think. My personal rankings might have been a tad different, ( but not too much ) . It's hard to quibble though ,as all these shows on this list were incredibly amazing shows.

Edited by BRASSO

That list looks like a win to me... :tongue:

The only TWO I never saw live were BD 1982 and 75 Scouts...

Edited by Liahona

Those 12 in a show - I would pay BIG BUCKS to see that! I would truly call each of those shows legen.......wait for it......dary.

There were definately some screamers in that '82 BD soprano line... terrific drum line too.