Dublin VENUE review - Please offer!

I'm pleased with the many comments about the Dublin show and I'm asking any and all who attended for comments - both GOOD & BAD - so we can improve the show next year.

Please feel free to PM me if you choose but please DO comment if you were at the show.

How was your experience parking?

How was the food? Prices for food?

Is the INT too short? (How could it be with a show like that?! :thumbdown: )

Bathroom report?

Program book?

Souvie area layout?

Where'd you sit and how was your view?

Any comments about ticket prices?

Show format? Ended with scores announcements. Too abrupt?

I welcome any comments here or PM that you wish to add, and thanks in advance.

garfield (Dan) of the Dublin show

I didn't go to the Dublin show, but I think it would be ALOT better if it was moved to America. It has got to be expensive for not only the spectators, but for the corps performing (including INT) to travel all the way to Ireland just for one show.

Oh, wait... :thumbup:

There are numerous cities/towns around the country of the U.S. of A. named Dublin. :tongue:

:whistle:

:thumbdown:

free parking :whistle:

smooth ticket sales :thumbup:

free programs :tongue:

excellent stadium venue :ph34r:

average seats :thumbdown:

seeing old friends :huh:

The only disappointment were all the tacky sound effects ruining otherwise enjoyable musical shows. I really doubt I will continue to attend shows if this is the design direction DCI corps take. I've been attending DCI shows since 1976, have seen horns and drums evolve, guards incorporate dance and props, pits expand, uniforms change ... all tasteful evolution for the activity. But recorded sound effects, amplified horns... just not enjoyable.

Great job by show hosts ... I just wish it was a show worth watching.

I didn't go to the Dublin show, but I think it would be ALOT better if it was moved to America. It has got to be expensive for not only the spectators, but for the corps performing (including INT) to travel all the way to Ireland just for one show.

Oh, wait... :tongue:

There are numerous cities/towns around the country of the U.S. of A. named Dublin. :ph34r:

:thumbup:

:thumbdown:

The show WAS in Dublin Ireland. There were free flights for all ticket-buyers and overnight accommodations paid for by DCI.

A full meal of potatoes and cabbage for all attendees.

Crown changed their show to include an Irish dance troupe as a finale!

It was a terrific time for all fans who got invitations.

You didn't get an invitation?

:whistle:

It is a nice stadium, all the volunteers working were very friendly, and the show itself was well-run. Biggest negative for us was that from the time our GPS said we were within 800 feet of the address (around 6:30), it took us another 40 minutes to get parked and get through the ticket line to purchase tickets. (Normally we'd get them in advance, but were unsure if we would be able to attend.) Logistics just seemed bad from both a traffic and ticketing perspective. Heard a lot of grumbling in the ticket line.

Program book was very nice and free (yea!).

Regarding concessions, I'd suggest doing what some other shows do and having some stand-alone stations with just drinks. I thought the concession prices were reasonable . . . maybe a little high on the bottled water for a high school stadium.

Hope this helps!

It is a nice stadium, all the volunteers working were very friendly, and the show itself was well-run. Biggest negative for us was that from the time our GPS said we were within 800 feet of the address (around 6:30), it took us another 40 minutes to get parked and get through the ticket line to purchase tickets. (Normally we'd get them in advance, but were unsure if we would be able to attend.) Logistics just seemed bad from both a traffic and ticketing perspective. Heard a lot of grumbling in the ticket line.

Program book was very nice and free (yea!).

Regarding concessions, I'd suggest doing what some other shows do and having some stand-alone stations with just drinks. I thought the concession prices were reasonable . . . maybe a little high on the bottled water for a high school stadium.

Hope this helps!

Surely does! All poignant issues that we need to hear.

Sorry for the parking tie up. The guy running it is a retired cop who well understands parking. I'm sure he'll be very interested in your comments.

Good idea for concessions. Although we thought about adding vendors the school music program runs the concessions so...

But the show was proof and now we have a basis to suggest adding alternatives.

Thanks very much.