Wonderful Drum Corps Feature on La Crosse TV

Response from my email.... I'm actually surprised I got this.

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for your very nice e-mail. I must admit...I'm a Blue Stars wanna-be. They are so fun to watch and you can tell these kids really love what they are doing. We will continue to keep our viewers posted on how they are doing. I didn't know about regionals tomorrow so thank you for the info.

I hope you have a great weekend and thanks again for the nice remarks.

Jennifer

Hopefully, this will result in continued coverage and a call to the Blue Stars director to find out how they did in Minneapolis.

• 9 months later...

Congrats to Jennifer Livingston, Kirk Arneson, and the WKBT News 8 This Morning Team for winning two awards from the 2011 Wisconsin Associated Press Broadcasters Association. Their feature on The Blue Stars won awards for Best Audio and Best Photography. :thumbup:

• Like 3

Congrats to Jennifer Livingston, Kirk Arneson, and the WKBT News 8 This Morning Team for winning two awards from the 2011 Wisconsin Associated Press Broadcasters Association. Their feature on The Blue Stars won awards for Best Audio and Best Photography. :thumbup:

Awesome! They sure deserved it, that was some fantastic reporting.

Edited to add: I sent the following email at 9:47 and got a personalized, sincere reply at 9:49 while I was posting it here. What a class act this lady is!

Email sent:

I just wanted to say what a wonderful job you did on that piece and to thank you for your support and continued coverage of the Blue Stars and the drum corps activity! You deserve every award you get! The support you give these members is beyond measure and value. It is obvious that you enjoy what you are doing and that you "get" the activity and its significance as both a musical outlet and a place where some of the best kids in our country today get both musical training and life training.

These members go on to be some of the best and brightest in our country and their experiences with a top class corps like the Blue Stars carries with them to other areas of their lives for the rest of their lives.

Thank you so much for all you do!

Kathy Roeder

Blue Stars Soprano: 1976 & 1977

Volunteer: 2003 to present

Fan: Forever

Edited by bearz

Good coverage!