DCI Finals Tickets Needed

chadwick

Hey All -

I am looking for 2 tickets to DCI Finals in Indy. Taking my dad for his first ever DCI live experience! Still kind of up in the air on what section I want (would like to have a good visual and great sound, with as little echo as possible).

Send me a PM if you have tickets available, thanks!

Hey All -

I am looking for 2 tickets to DCI Finals in Indy. Taking my dad for his first ever DCI live experience! Still kind of up in the air on what section I want (would like to have a good visual and great sound, with as little echo as possible).

Send me a PM if you have tickets available, thanks!

If you have read any of the posts on this site during the past year concerning LOS, you should know that the sound in the "Oil Can" is not great. The best sound available in the "Oil Can" when the roof is closed is in Sections 140 and 240. However, those tickets are very, very hard to come by. Trust me, I know.

As you go to the left or right of the "40" sections, the sound gets worse. The view is like any other stadium as you go right or left. The view from Section 140 is not very good, except for those who like looking at the pit, DM, drum line, and closeups of the guard. The view from Section 240 improves as you get higher in the Section.

Visually, the views from Sections 340, 440, and 540 are awesome. Just don't get in the first 3 or 4 rows. The glass partially obstructs your view. Section 640 seating is cheaper, but the view is very "nosebleed", even for a "High Camera" guy like myself! If you sit near the top of the section, bring oxygen!

:tongue:

Call me. I may be able to help.

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

I want to add for any newbies' sake that Ron Gunn is a guy you can trust.

He's a scalper, yes, but he's more than that. He's a resource. He helps out on both sides of the market, both buyer and seller.

He doesn't remember but at one of the early Madison shows I gave him a good butt-chewing right outside the stadium, because I detest scalpers' tactics (and probably made a good-sized as* of myself in the process).

What I've learned in the many years since is that Ron is an incredibly passionate drum corps fan, who (one has to wonder) tours the country each summer watching shows. Sure, he sells some tickets to pay for his habit, but he's doing fair business and only adds to the drum corps experience. He's been around so long that (he doesn't know) he's an institution in the activity. You know, like BD winning all the da*n time. :thumbup:

At SO many stadiums this summer you'll find Ron Gunn; at least you'll know where to give him he** if he takes advantage of you, which, I can't imagine, he'd be at all likely to do. He even posts his touring schedule on here!

I've used him on both sides of the market and have not been disappointed.

I trade bonds the same way Ron trades tickets; I appreciate his methods. I'm glad he's forgotten the earful I gave him all those years ago.

I've had problems using him myself. He told me at one show he'd have tickets for me waiting with him. I ran into him,he said that he didn't have them. Needless to say it's been years since I've used him....

and yes I gave him a 'earful' for it as I had to run around right before showtime to try to get tickets that I was told would be 'waiting for me'...they weren't.....

I want to add for any newbies' sake that Ron Gunn is a guy you can trust.

He's a scalper, yes, but he's more than that. He's a resource. He helps out on both sides of the market, both buyer and seller.

He doesn't remember but at one of the early Madison shows I gave him a good butt-chewing right outside the stadium, because I detest scalpers' tactics (and probably made a good-sized as* of myself in the process).

What I've learned in the many years since is that Ron is an incredibly passionate drum corps fan, who (one has to wonder) tours the country each summer watching shows. Sure, he sells some tickets to pay for his habit, but he's doing fair business and only adds to the drum corps experience. He's been around so long that (he doesn't know) he's an institution in the activity. You know, like BD winning all the da*n time. :thumbup:

At SO many stadiums this summer you'll find Ron Gunn; at least you'll know where to give him he** if he takes advantage of you, which, I can't imagine, he'd be at all likely to do. He even posts his touring schedule on here!

I've used him on both sides of the market and have not been disappointed.

I trade bonds the same way Ron trades tickets; I appreciate his methods. I'm glad he's forgotten the earful I gave him all those years ago.

I've had problems using him myself. He told me at one show he'd have tickets for me waiting with him. I ran into him,he said that he didn't have them. Needless to say it's been years since I've used him....

and yes I gave him a 'earful' for it as I had to run around right before showtime to try to get tickets that I was told would be 'waiting for me'...they weren't.....

1) I am sure that I apologized for any inconvenience that situation may have caused you years ago.

2) You did not mention the fact that you received a $100% refund at that time along with my apology.

3) Try as I may, I cannot completely control all of the variables involved in obtaining tickets. If they are available, I do my absolute best to make sure that the people who trust me with their money are satisfied. In your case, I obviously had been unable to obtain the tickets you wanted for you. It sometimes happens and I don't like it any more than you do. When it happens, I feel that I have failed a friend. If not a friend, at least a person who trusted me. That is not a fun feeling to have. But, life goes on. Not even DCI or Ticketmaster have 100% satisfaction records among their customers. Being an individual, I do not have their resources, but I do my best. Sometimes I have to refer people to other sources.

I must say that your story is the exception, rather than the norm. Most people who do business with me are happy with the service I provide. Anyone in drum corps, marching band, etc. has the option of using my service, or declining, as you have chosen to do. I can only hope that someday I will get an opportunity to serve you and put a smile where there is now a frown.

This reminds me of a guy who used to give me a hard time about my buying and selling tickets. It turns out that he was trying to sell his own tickets and wanted to sell them for full price. I was better at selling than he was,, so he was not happy with his lack of results. He gave me a hard time for years! In 2002 I finally figured out what his problem with me was, since he just yelled at me whenever I came near him. I then asked him what tickets he was trying to sell. He reluctantly showed me. A little while later, I brought him a customer to buy his tickets from him at full price. I have not had any problems with him since then.

If there is a problem, there is a way to solve it that can be beneficial to all parties involved. As drum corps fans, we owe it to ourselves and each other to find that solution, for the good of the activity. I am open to constructive critisism and suggestions. I know that we can work it out!

Yours in Drum Corps,

Ron Gunn

By the way, burdettsky posted this;

I still have 2 tickets available for DCI Finals. Front row, 50 yard line, Section 140, Row 1, seats 10 and 11. Face value of $125 each, PM if interested, I do accept paypal.

Interested?

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

Hi Ron -

Those might be a bit too expensive than what I can afford and I'd like to be higher than row one so that my dad can see the drill. Keep me posted on anything else you can find.

Hi Ron -

Those might be a bit too expensive than what I can afford and I'd like to be higher than row one so that my dad can see the drill. Keep me posted on anything else you can find.

If you take a look at the DCI seating chart, all of the tickets inside the 30 yard line, with the sole exception of the tickets in the 6th level, are Face Value $125.00. If you want to sit in the "black" area, you need to be prepared to pay at least $125.00 each for tickets there.

Face value on tickets near the 50 in the 6th level is $75.00 each.

Ron Gunn