Fan Network 7/10

A lot of us are quick to dish out criticism, but sometimes shy with our praise.

Just wanted to give DCI props for a great double-stream yesterday. I watched both streams, and I was impressed with how well everything ran from a tech issue. I hooked up the lap top to the HD TV around 3:00 PT, and took it off line sometime after 9:00, over six hours later. I was a little bit nervous that resources might be spread a bit thin, but DCI came through with both streams. I look forward to continued success as well as improved audio/video quality through out the season! :tongue:

datr was the worst feed since the early days of the fn.

kalamazoo was very nice.

I thought Denver had a better picture but way bad sound. I had to crank my Bose system to achieve the not-horrible levels (proper levels of course being loud as eff). I know Mile High (or whatever the new stadium is called) as pretty poor acoustics from the upper deck, and if the audio was indeed from the onboard camera mic (as I think it was for Stanford), it's understandable that the sound would suck. Hopefully the sound is improved with better venue acoustics.

maybe it was just my computer, but i missed almost all of BAC's show because the feed kept chugging, it also happened during BD's opener. it was frustrating. I also noticed that the video was i bit blurry, i know its not HD and everything. The Denver feed was better than kalamazoo though.

I had no visual issues with either shows (other than slight pauses every now and then).

I MUCH preferred Kalamazoo's feed to Denver's due to the audio quality. Denver I could not turn up loud enough to be able to hear clearly (but I was on my laptop), whereas Kalamazoo I actually had to turn down a few notches.

Thanks, for the efforts DCI - very much appreciated! :)

This year it looks like DCI has changed their method of streaming the videos...both live and VOD.

Last year it was better IMO. Yesterdays feed was very annoying as it kept pausing over and over.

Anyone know why they changed and what protocol they are using this year?

This year it looks like DCI has changed their method of streaming the videos...both live and VOD.

Last year it was better IMO. Yesterdays feed was very annoying as it kept pausing over and over.

Anyone know why they changed and what protocol they are using this year?

I haven't had any issues at all with this type of stuff this year. I've had minor issues in the past, and one or two major ones as well. But this year I upgraded my laptop's RAM and so far I've had zero issues (other than the audio being to quiet for Denver's feed).