Pleasant Hill

Impulse closed in on Gold now 1 pt away :tongue: ...and pret near 12 pointing VK. :tongue:

Again, what happened to VK, our SoCal National touring Finalist corps?

Again, what happened to VK, our SoCal National touring Finalist corps?

...if I stay away from rumor, all I can comment on is what I see on the football field, Dale, but it seems to me that they're performing better than the scores indicate. Show is fun, hornline small but playing-out, you can tell Float does the drumline, feet look decent. Guard is a problem, numbers and execution-wise, and that does have a huge effect on the final number. So, apart from the caveats, I'm not sure...direct competition (Impulse and Gold) are stronger in the visual captions, Gold is strong all-around, Impulse is mega-strong in drums while horns and guard are doing solid jobs; so *some* kind of spread is warranted. The state of open-class in SoCal is really quite good, but as many have said, may be overpopulated...hard to put a finger on it.

cg

...if I stay away from rumor, all I can comment on is what I see on the football field, Dale, but it seems to me that they're performing better than the scores indicate. Show is fun, hornline small but playing-out, you can tell Float does the drumline, feet look decent. Guard is a problem, numbers and execution-wise, and that does have a huge effect on the final number. So, apart from the caveats, I'm not sure...direct competition (Impulse and Gold) are stronger in the visual captions, Gold is strong all-around, Impulse is mega-strong in drums while horns and guard are doing solid jobs; so *some* kind of spread is warranted. The state of open-class in SoCal is really quite good, but as many have said, may be overpopulated...hard to put a finger on it.

cg

Thanks! The point spread seems uber huge. I'll see in DeKalb.

Thanks! The point spread seems uber huge. I'll see in DeKalb.

The spread is quite easily justified, IMO. VK's got a lot of holes, and just don't perform any where near the level of Impulse or Gold ... both of whom are 2-3x the size of VK.

Also, VK's costuming, and their insistence on trying to recreate the old corps is working against them. The uniforms look shabby, and don't present well. The red high tops do nothing to help their marching program.

I still think VK would be best served by going in a new direction in which they can build a new "brand" indentity, rather than struggle to recapture the image of the old corps.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

removed by me....

Edited by rzeilinger

The spread is quite easily justified, IMO. VK's got a lot of holes, and just don't perform any where near the level of Impulse or Gold ... both of whom are 2-3x the size of VK.

Also, VK's costuming, and their insistence on trying to recreate the old corps is working against them. The uniforms look shabby, and don't present well. The red high tops do nothing to help their marching program.

I still think VK would be best served by going in a new direction in which they can build a new "brand" indentity, rather than struggle to recapture the image of the old corps.

...heh, I have yet to see *any* of the corps we're discussing from the stands, been on the track taking photos...prolly shoulda made that clear right away! :tongue:

Fantastic Observation! :tongue:

Funny, I remember telling you the exact same thing back around 11 or 12 years ago. Yet you insisted on trying to recapture the VK magic with Impulse.

:tongue:

Garry in Vegas

removed by me....

Edited by rzeilinger

I was there.. and hypin' it!!

Ha.. it was nice not having the sun directly above the box :tongue: