Fairfax (VA) Fiesta!

Mid Atlantic Arts Network for Youth (MANY) is hosting the Drum Corps in Fairfax show at George Mason University (GMU) Stadium on Wednesday, August 4th at 7:00 pm.

This is our second year at the GMU soccer stadium, a great facility. This year we are moving the corps closer to the stands, and we are working on a few other logistical improvements. MANY hopes to make this a cornerstone event for drum corps fans in the greater DC Metro area.

We have a fabulous line-up!

Blue Devils – First appearance in the DC area since the 2000 Championships in College Park, MD!

Blue Stars

Cascades

Colts

Crossmen

Glassmen

Jersey Surf

The Academy

AND...THE UNITED STATES MARINE DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS.

Tickets: http://get.crowntickets.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=576

More information: www.manydc.org

On facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8691434627

I'll post more news as it becomes available.

St. Cuthbert

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great line up.

I'm glad the show is so close to my home.

But, The stands in the stadium are so far from the field. I know of at lease six better stadiums in the area.

Great line up.

I'm glad the show is so close to my home.

But, The stands in the stadium are so far from the field. I know of at lease six better stadiums in the area.

You'll be @ Fairfax, VA? Same here.

• 2 weeks later...
BoxingFred...your prayers are answered!

< This year we are moving the corps closer to the stands, >

Yes...we received lots of comments from last year. GMU had just laid down a new track, and they wanted to make sure it was preserved. This year, they are letting MANY move everything closer!

This year we are moving the corps closer to the stands

Thank you!! :blink:

My other suggestion would be a clearer separation between the lines of those who have their tickets with them and those who are purchasing/picking up at Will Call.

And while you're at it, can you do something about the glare from the setting sun behind the corps? :bigsmile:

I love that this year has been a good year for DCI shows in Northern Virginia. This show is close to home, and the line up looks like it won't disappoint

Looks like Va is in for a treat......Blue Devils making 2 appearances, in Salem and DC!! Awesome. We get to see what it is all about! Gonna be 2 great shows. I hope I get to see one of them.

Looks like Va is in for a treat......Blue Devils making 2 appearances, in Salem and DC!! Awesome. We get to see what it is all about! Gonna be 2 great shows. I hope I get to see one of them.

Virginia has had a good string of shows this year: Chesapeake, Arlington, Warrenton, Salem, Fairfax

Personally I'm more excited for corps like Crossmen, Jersey Surf, Glassmen and Colts...BUT seeing the corps from the West (BD, Academy, and Cascades) are a nice treat

The last time VA had a corps from out West was 2008 (SCV, Pacific Crest, and Mandarins) then before that was 2006 (SCV, Pacific Crest, Mandarins) 2005 (Esperanza and Pacific Crest) and 2004 (Mandarins and Cascades)