DCA has let it be known the race for 2nd has begun.

Classy...its people like you deserve the hate you get :worthy:

So I can't speak or give my opinion. I am not on here rooting for one corps but all of the corps. I can tell by the responses who are Bucs fans and I think you not having an open mind is classless.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I don't get is this: Most folks don't really seem to have a problem with the Bucs winning all the shows to date. Most folks, including the OP concede this. The problem seems to be with the spread. SOOO.....if Reading were to complete a 6th straight undefeated, championship season, but the judges kept the top 5 within 5 points, everyone would be happy??

So I can't speak or give my opinion. I am not on here rooting for one corps but all of the corps. I can tell by the responses who are Bucs fans and I think you not having an open mind is classless.

That quote wasn't directed at you. Calm yourself.

The only score that really matters is the score you receive on the Sunday evening before Labor Day. If any corps thinks it should win DCA 2010, prove it. Get the highest score at Championships. No one cares or will probably remember who won Lewisburg. Reading is certainly beatable... when and by whom is up to the other corps in DCA!!! :worthy:

Ah Freedom.... part of my wife's birthday present was for me to stay off DCP from sundown on Saturday to sunrise on Monday....

I remember we (Empire) beat the Bushwackers by 7 in on July 12, 1992.... by 4 in Scranton (mid Aug).... then they beat us by 2.5 at DCA prelims (when the big flag ripped).

The problem isn't that the Bucs might run away with it, the problem is when some teams tweak and start changing things and fight among themselves and show up every week with 3 minutes of sloppy new stuff they've only repped twice before competition.

That does make sense but isn't it to early to be slotting corps right now?
To early?? Geez, according to some folks, the slottings for 2010 began the day after the 2009 DCA Championships. And no...it makes no sense.

DCP101 - If a person quotes somebody in their post, they are usually refering to them, not to a random person 5 posts by. I can see how that might have confu...wait, no I can't, this is ridiculous :worthy:

Classy...its people like you deserve the hate you get :worthy:

It's kinda like saying "everybody is undefeated before the season starts."

Once again, context is lost in typed print.

Still, I'm neither thrilled nor surprised to see that the large gap awarded at Wildwood has stood all the way through the past several weeks, regardless of who is competing in the show that night. I suspect the only time ANY corps comes withing 2-3 points of Reading will be at Prelims/Finals. I'm not saying this from bitter grapes - I'm not marching this season. Heck, the Bucs are from my hometown and I've been in the alumni corps for the better part of two decades! I'm just calling it like I see it. Feel free to disagree, but I really don't think they should be THAT far ahead, (note: winning? YES!), because I don't believe they are THAT MUCH better than their competitors. And I have to start to wonder if the gap is making the other corps jump through hoops, making major changes, because they feel it's the only way to get competitive. If that IS the case, it will certainly play out in the Buc's favor as the others slop through major last-minute re-vamps to see if they can gain any ground.

Sayre ~ having seen them now 4 times I agree with you. They aren't that much better IMO and the spread is rediculous IMO.

It's kinda like saying "everybody is undefeated before the season starts."

Once again, context is lost in typed print.

Still, I'm neither thrilled nor surprised to see that the large gap awarded at Wildwood has stood all the way through the past several weeks, regardless of who is competing in the show that night. I suspect the only time ANY corps comes withing 2-3 points of Reading will be at Prelims/Finals. I'm not saying this from bitter grapes - I'm not marching this season. Heck, the Bucs are from my hometown and I've been in the alumni corps for the better part of two decades! I'm just calling it like I see it. Feel free to disagree, but I really don't think they should be THAT far ahead, (note: winning? YES!), because I don't believe they are THAT MUCH better than their competitors. And I have to start to wonder if the gap is making the other corps jump through hoops, making major changes, because they feel it's the only way to get competitive. If that IS the case, it will certainly play out in the Buc's favor as the others slop through major last-minute re-vamps to see if they can gain any ground.

Yeah...sorry, I kind of read it as "the race for first was over on day 1 of the season, so enjoy fighting for second". I dont even particularly care who wins, as long as its an interesting season, which like you said, is tough when a corps is that far ahead.

Edited by salad315