The Percussion Discussion

WHAT in the HELL happened to Statesmen field percussion score?

8.7 to a 7.9 in technique

17.5 to a 16.1 in field percussion is a drastic drop from one show to the next. Sounds like the infamous 2002 Syracuse and Finals drum scores presented to you by Mr. R Robinson

Edited by PureRockFury

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Empire win ensemble perc by .3, win music effect to a different group by .3 and finish 4th in field perc? This does not add up to me. I understand that the brass line at Empire won their captions (and could have won by more) and this is part of the GE Music, BUT Ed Argenziano the field perc. judge must have been trying to avoid tripping on the newly painted lines on a new field @ Dietz Stadium and not this drumline. I also may add that i do not recall him even being on the field to adjudicate this group ....He was hanging out on the front sideline quite a bit. Again this does not add up, someone explain it to me.

Those field percussion numbers look very VERY off. I was not there, but heard from a friend that Bush DID indeed have a good show (he is also an alumnus though). He said Hurcs rightfully won the show however. It looks like Empire won ensemble, which makes sense because that is their strong point. That field spread is a little skewed, but just from seeing all groups involved with my own eyes I think it would take a very bad performance for Hurcs NOT to win field. And in all honesty, I don't see it as much of a travesty that Cabs beat Empire on the field either... I said long ago if they cleaned up they had darkhorse written all over them.

And of course, this is me giving you my opinion without even being there :thumbup:

I wasn't there either, but a "bad performance" does not usually mean you drop that much from show to show.

hey what about the DCA south scores, Alliance scored a 17.8 on the field and a 17.5 ensemble. The could be the ones to watch out for come champs, but i dont deny that Hurcs can play, always love their book

Where would Gren have fallen in this field percussion debacle?

How does Empire win ensemble perc by .3, win music effect to a different group by .3 and finish 4th in field perc? This does not add up to me. I understand that the brass line at Empire won their captions (and could have won by more) and this is part of the GE Music, BUT Ed Argenziano the field perc. judge must have been trying to avoid tripping on the newly painted lines on a new field @ Dietz Stadium and not this drumline. I also may add that i do not recall him even being on the field to adjudicate this group ....He was hanging out on the front sideline quite a bit. Again this does not add up, someone explain it to me.

Yes, this does seem odd. I wonder where and what years Ed A. marched? I think I know the answer though. What a shame, to be that obvious. Shame on DCA. :tongue:

hey what about the DCA south scores, Alliance scored a 17.8 on the field and a 17.5 ensemble. The could be the ones to watch out for come champs, but i dont deny that Hurcs can play, always love their book

Alliance definitely impressed last year and I can only imagine they've improved since. I put them in an Empire category. They do what they do VERY well, but they don't do as much as Buccs or Hurcs. Judging by last year at least, and a few Youtubes from this year.