Can another corps surge from the bunch and win the gold in august?

With Blue Devils dominating the season by an average of 2 points, can another corps surge from the pack

and win the gold? Is this a remote possibility or do you see a dark horse still taking shape. Want to hear from

the DCP crowd.

I think it has to happen by Atlanta .. or the odds greatly diminish.

The rare occasions of last weeks surges have been 88 Scouts, 96 PR, 2000 Cavies, 2008 PR ..... there may be one more but I can't put my finger on it........ oh yeah 92 Cavies.

Cadets have a history of late season surges but it's leading up to this point in the next week where they do it and then extend the lead in Allentown. Cases in point, 83, 84, 87, 90, 93 .......... ok most of their championships have gone this way :P

I don't see Coats or Crown backing down ... Crown showed that they know how to make changes heading into finals to move up .. they did it last year. I really haven't seen that from Coats ever. They were either on top of their game or not .. but they always road out there package with minor tweaks. Cavies just need to play better and they're going to take off even faster.

I don't see Coats or Crown backing down ... Crown showed that they know how to make changes heading into finals to move up .. they did it last year.

A sizable chunk of that Crown move up came in the Perc caption. They'll have to do the same this year.

As it stands, they're sitting at least 7th in drums. Boston has beaten 'em a few times and more often than not lately. Problem for 'em in that caption comes when BK and SCV are added into the mix. BD & Phantom's additions won't change the ordinals from tonight since they'll be very close to or at 1 & 2. BK, on the other hand, has started to beat SCV in Perc consistently, and they handled Boston by a sizable chunk the other night. SCV, while a few tenths back from Crown the other night in Perc, actually tied 'em in Perc Musicality.

It's not inconceivable that Crown could be looking at anywhere from 7th through 9th in Perc unless they handle the caption. BK and/or SCV hops 'em, and it'll be difficult to hold Cadets off who know how to push to the end and handle the GE caption. They handled the same caption last year, we'll see what happens this time around.

The rare occasions of last weeks surges have been 88 Scouts, 96 PR, 2000 Cavies, 2008 PR ..... there may be one more but I can't put my finger on it........ oh yeah 92 Cavies.

Don't forget about '99 SCV, jumping up almost a full point to tie BD at Finals! :tongue:

Was '95 comparable? BD had a stranglehold (undefeated until quarters) but Cavies distanced themselves from quarters to finals and BD dropped to third. I say it is too early to make these predictions and BD knows it's going to be a barn burner heading into championship week.

Cadets have a history of late season surges but it's leading up to this point in the next week where they do it and then extend the lead in Allentown. Cases in point, 83, 84, 87, 90, 93 .......... ok most of their championships have gone this way :P

I don't see Coats or Crown backing down ... Crown showed that they know how to make changes heading into finals to move up .. they did it last year. I really haven't seen that from Coats ever. They were either on top of their game or not .. but they always road out there package with minor tweaks. Cavies just need to play better and they're going to take off even faster.

Don't forget about '99 SCV, jumping up almost a full point to tie BD at Finals! :tongue:

THIS! ......... is the one I forgot! Thanks for bringing that one up. It was a mindblowing experience to see that corps catch fire on finals night .. absolutely sick. I guess, in the end, anything can happen (although rare .. it happens)

THIS! ......... is the one I forgot! Thanks for bringing that one up. It was a mindblowing experience to see that corps catch fire on finals night .. absolutely sick. I guess, in the end, anything can happen (although rare .. it happens)

Glad I could help. That corps was truly something special, especially their tributes to Art Velarte in the show. :tongue: