Is 2010 turning out to be a good year?

Is 2010 turning out to be a good year?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Is 2010 turning out to be a good year?

• Yes
    • No
    • mediocre
    • to early to tell

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

DCI is improving every single year, at least for 3 years running. I offer this as proof:

Blue Stars could end up in 8th or 9th this year (I think they're going to push for 6th personally but...) 8th or 9th respectively are both realistic possibilities at this point. SO, if they were to end up in 8th that would be three years in a row, each show SIGNIFICANTLY better than the last, but three equal placements. That tells me the bar is indeed being raised by everyone, year after year.

Lemme get your thoughts on this. . .

If you're one who believes that show design for a particular writer or arranger moves in pockets of trends, then many Dci designers are in the accessible and crowd appealing phase, as opposed to esoteric and abstract concept phase as it relates to fan's sentiments of it being a good year?

Personally, I think any kind of show can be entertaining. We can be entertained in many different ways.

Some kinds of entertainment, and an example of that kind of entertainment from 2010:

Fun - Cadets

Emotional - Phantom Regiment

Impressive - Crown

Intense - Cavaliers/Bluecoats

Intellectual - Blue Devils/SCV

So to answer you question, yes I think it is a better year than most when more shows are accessible and less esoteric than usual..... but personally, I like a season best when there is a wide variety of types of entertainment we can experience from the shows.

I'm with you there. It really shows the distortive effect of DCP, doesn't it? Unfortunately it's too often the case that he who shouts loudest and the most often ends up setting the terms of the conversation.

DCI is improving every single year, at least for 3 years running. I offer this as proof:

Blue Stars could end up in 8th or 9th this year (I think they're going to push for 6th personally but...) 8th or 9th respectively are both realistic possibilities at this point. SO, if they were to end up in 8th that would be three years in a row, each show SIGNIFICANTLY better than the last, but three equal placements. That tells me the bar is indeed being raised by everyone, year after year.

honk, honk :blink:

G