Semi-Finals Attendance estimate

My girlfriend is coming to Semi-finals to see us perform and it will be her first drum corps experience.

She asked me how many people will be there and I said I really cannot give you an accurate estimate.

So this is a very simple question. How many fans, based on the past few years, can be expected to be at Semi-Finals. If someone has the real finals attendance numbers that would be great.

Moderator after a logical number answer you can close the thread so it doesn't turn into a why drum corps is better now or in the 70's debate.

I think that about 5-8000 make it to Quarter Finals

and about 10-12,000 make it to Semi-Finals

Plus you can add another 2-3000 each night for the participants who fill the stands after performing

just my guess-timates

My girlfriend is coming to Semi-finals to see us perform and it will be her first drum corps experience.

She asked me how many people will be there and I said I really cannot give you an accurate estimate.

So this is a very simple question. How many fans, based on the past few years, can be expected to be at Semi-Finals. If someone has the real finals attendance numbers that would be great.

Moderator after a logical number answer you can close the thread so it doesn't turn into a why drum corps is better now or in the 70's debate.

I used to do attendance estimates at sporting events, outdoor concerts, festivals etc... for liquor enforcement.

I stood on the upper level in the end zone waiting inbetween corps's shows last year, and I took a pic of the crowd. I'll try and find it and post it here later.

My best guess last year would have been 15500.

Pasadena I would say anywhere from 20k to 22k.

15k to 20k is probably a good ballpark figure any year.

I asked the same question about finals 2009 a while back. One of the "Mikes" told me it was around 15,000.

Thank you!!!

Moderator you can close now.

remember, fans in the stands does not equal paid attendance

Of the three days, I'd guess semis would have the lowest attendance. From what I've heard, most people are like me.

Quarters in the stands, to see all of the corps.

Semis in the lot, cuz you've gotta have a day in the lot.

Finals in the stands, cuz it's finals!

Of the three days, I'd guess semis would have the lowest attendance. From what I've heard, most people are like me.

I'm actually doing Quarters in the lot because I didn't want to sit in the 600's at Quarters. I'll deal with 400's at Semi's because I have to see Star Alumni and I got in 141 for Finals, so I'm set there. I just decided I'd enjoy it more if I went into the lot on Quarters instead of going to the broadcast -- if it'd even be shown in Indy.

Quarters is pretty light also I think because it's on a Thursday and many people can only get off work for the Friday.