Did lack of head to head hurt?

So do you folks think that the lack of head to head between BD, BC, Cavies, Crown and Cadets have a effect on the scores/spreads?

I think it has somewhat as it seemed that for example BD was deemed 5 points better than the next closest corps and that corps scored a 89 then BD gets a 94 but at a show the next night the corps that scored a 89 scores a 87 which was inline to what they were scoring.

I am in no way saying BD should be getting beat but I just wonder if the lack of head to head has inflated all the scores

Edited by blueorginal

Maybe a little, but considering BD still outscores these corps by over 2 points even when they do see each other, I don't think it would affect placement too much if BD saw these other corps more often.

Everyone else in the mix I'd say saw each other a lot this season!

I really don't think so. I think BD is on a different level this year both in production and performance. The other 4 challengers are extraordinary but (with some exceptions...cadets) are presenting similar vehicles. Anything can happen from here on out, but the spread is driving some of them to do quasi-radical surgery and that (from recent memory...last year) can lead to bad things and shows that can't be executed cleanly.

So do you folks think that the lack of head to head between BD, BC, Cavies, Crown and Cadets have a effect on the scores/spreads?

I think it has somewhat as it seemed that for example BD was deemed 5 points better than the next closest corps and that corps scored a 89 then BD gets a 94 but at a show the next night the corps that scored a 89 scores a 87 which was inline to what they were scoring.

I am in no way saying BD should be getting beat but I just wonder if the lack of head to head has inflated all the scores

I don't know, but your title makes my head hurt. :smile:

I think it will all work out in Indy.

It can be a mixed blessing- repeated head-to-head defeats can reinforce a spread, too. Personally, I'd rather take on whomever whenever, and let it all go down as it may, and I'd think most of the corps out there would feel this way. Rather take on the best and just see what I can do to make it happen. It's part of what fuels a lot of us in the activity, whether you do end up coming out on top at the end of it or not.

Did lack of head to head hurt? Would the spreads be smaller?

:tongue:

Well, yes, as a matter of fact it did. So I talked to my other half and... :tongue: