Semi Finals Open Thread

My first time missing DCI's in a long time.... and yes "Garfield" you were right, I am suffering a severe case of buyers (or non-buyers) remorse. However my first experience with Fannetwork has been fairly positive, but no where near the experience of seeing the corps live. My speakers are crap and it wasn't until BK that the corps volume was adequate. I have a new computer & monitor, didn't think of getting new speakers. :tongue:

buy a set of $20 USB headphones.....it will go a long way

Madison has closed in at every show...

I thought Scouts would have moved above the wonderful Boston Crusaders tonight.

Both did great

And both deserved to break 90 handily!!!!!

I made 2 .. and they'll both be seared and a little bloody by the time I'm done with them :P

I'm going to Outback in a few hours. Gotta get the Prime Rib, medium rare!

ok I am not a percussion guy.....but how can Blue Stars drums not be scoring higher....THEY ROCK!!!!!

Is it just me or did Stars electronics just thrash their tonals?

Blue Stars are on. Doing well as usual. Some tuning problems at lower dynamics again, like others ......... I think the theatre last night captured the beginning of this show better than the webcast did tonight. BS has really taken to the WGI style of visual staging ......... kinda bugs me, but it creates some interesting depth to their show. Thankfully, it's only a few long segments of the show and not the entire show. The character setup (or are they just solo and duet dancers?) is a bit under the level of design of the rest of the show (or maybe it's just the performance level). The hornline has a nice lush sound when they really want to ... very dark ... and they don't fail to put out the volume!!! Very nice mello section .... STRONG!

Excellent Blue Stars - incredibly subtle voicing in the ballad - simply beautiful