Semi Finals Open Thread

I hope the kids in PR's horn line and guard appreciate just HOW good their percussion section is.

Nice .. they added the stop and go to their visual rep in execution ........ really locks in some of the forms for them.

So far, I think the only corps that might have slipped a bit since last night is SCV. Everyone else brought their A game.

I thought there was supposed to be a rule change, that allowed the corps to higher sound engineer, who could sit in the booth, and adjust the volume on the electronics as necessary. I thought this was approved at the last januals.

Does SCV not have such an engineer? If not, why not? And how do they make the same mistake two night in a row?

If I were the SCV percussion caption head, I would take those speakers, and just turn them off, if they are causing that much of a problem. It is not as if you won't be able to hear the timpani and marimbas - in a domed stadium, with the room closed.

Wow. PR. Just WOW! :tongue:

I thought I would never say this but I was very underwhelmed by SCV. It just seems to just lay there..I went out and had a cig....yawn.

I feel the same. SCV to me is about aggression, drive, snap turns.....and in your face. Everything this show is not.

For an example see SCV 2004

AWESOME GUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST AWESOME on the yellow silks!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES my favorite guard of 2010!!!!

I thought there was supposed to be a rule change, that allowed the corps to higher sound engineer, who could sit in the booth, and adjust the volume on the electronics as necessary. I thought this was approved at the last januals.

Microphones sitting right in front of the speakers for the amps. Judges ears in the box sitting a good 150 feet further away.

What you hear on a netcast is not necessarily how it sounds in the box or in the stands. When it comes to recorded or broadcast sound, mic placement is everything. See you hear those individuals talking on the sidelines between shows? They don't hear those up in the box. :tongue:

Edited by mobrien

I dunno....looked to me in both June and tonight that PR has one tough marching book.