The Official DCI Finals Lounge

Horns coming front, preparing to hit us with the restatement of the main theme. Horns forming their crosses on the field, now collapsing into the block triangle to finish the show.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a GREAT start to the night. If every corps brings that much energy to their performance, the crowd will have gotten what they paid for easily.

Next on the field are the Blue Knights from Denver, Colorado. Their 2010 program is entitled "Europa" and consists of:

L'Arlesienne Suite No. 2: Farandole by Bizet, Georges

W.N.(from Enigma Variations) by Elgar, Sir Edward

Nimrod (from Enigma Variations) by Elgar, Sir Edward

First Symphony; Movement 4 by Brahms, Johannes

I like how the low brass drill develops in the start of the show. From vertical files to horizontal wavy lines while moving across the field.

Good sound in the brass so far, building up to the opening Farandole statement.

"Horns, get those lines straight or I'll kill ya'."

Watching them on the Fan Network last night, I felt like I was listening to vintage Phantom Regiment. Pretty nice horn sound for BK!

The orange in the guard is very striking. Not my first color choice, but I like it.

Watching them on the Fan Network last night, I felt like I was listening to vintage Phantom Regiment. Pretty nice horn sound for BK!

It's those King horns, I tell ya. The best horns, in my opinion, for projecting the sound from top to bottom.

I would like to declare a ban on using 80s synth sounds to fill in breaks between songs. It does NOT sound like you hope it does, designers.