2010 Finals Booing?

Nobody's "forcing" any beliefs. People are just pointing out the childish, temper tantrum cry-baby behavior of people who boo. Even my eight year old knows better than to show that much disrespect to performers in public (and honestly, he knew that in 07 when he was five and really didn't like Cadets at all).

Would you go to a symphony concert and boo their performance just because you didn't like their programming?

No, but I have actually laughed out loud during a major FUBR. It really was a knee jerk reaction and I was embarrassed when I did.

Still, this is about the people on DCP who aremad at the people at the stadium yet taking it out verbally on us ?

If you start having people removed from the stands as one poster stated, all that will cause is a bigger problem. It's America. We live by laws and I don't know of any law against booing no matter how offensive it may be.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer: I didn't watch the feed from tonight's retreat.

Now, in 2006, if I remember correctly, the crowd boo'd Carolina Crown's placement/score. Here, in 2010, we have the crowd booing the Blue Devils (or I guess, The Cavaliers) placement/score.

Are these two events different, or are they equally "classless"? I ask because I don't remember people being up in arms about the 2006 situation, and also because, since I didn't see the live feed, I don't know if the booing began when Cavies were announced 2nd.

Legit questions... just curious as to some people's thoughts...

Booing happened after Blue Devil's score was announced

2010 DCI Drum Corps will clearly go down as " THE YEAR OF ANGRY AND MAD PEOPLE ", imo.

The top 3 placing Corps of BD, Cavs, Bluecoats all had an angry, mad, hostile and agressive angst vibe to them. The look on the guard was of of open anger and hostility, and agressiveness. ( whether warranted or not ) I don't think this is even debatable that this was the aura created in the overall emotion created on the part of the top 3 placing Corps.

This is more than symbolic. The G-7 off the field proposal was filled with divisiveness and open hostility generated from the top Corps to their colleague Corps.

The booing of the DCI winner demonstates that the Corps emotion transmitted to the audience came back to the Field Corps as well.

2010 finds the US as a Country that is angry and frustrated. DCP has has had more anger displayed this year than before( look at 2008 , by comparison)

DCI Corps " mirror " that anger mood .

The DCI Champion Blue Devils, Cavs ,Bluecoats all captured the mood of the country very well this year with their shows.

See, there you go again with excellent points. I have no idea who you are but I feel as though we could be brothers, except that you got the larger portion of brains. Dang, if I keep buying you virtual beers I'm gonna have to go to AA

year1buick Today, 08:58 PM

*sigh*

Why is it that people in favor of booing are so ###### sensitive to criticism of said action? Irony much? (It's like a schoolyard bully whining about a kid that hits back.) Sheesh.

Heh; just wanted to quote this from another (closed) thread. Irony:

"I boo publicly because I'm voicing my disagreement. When people publicly voice their disagreement with me I freakout and get ultra defensive, not understanding why someone would publicly voice their disagreement"

Just kind of funny. In the end we'll all agree to disagree, and next year we'll pick up the argument where we left it this weekend and continue to beat the dead horse.

And thus continues the circle of (DCP) life...

:smile:

Edited by perc2100

So, if next year Cavies come out and do a show titled "SAD WORLD", will the same DCPers be mad at people who cry at finals ?

I guess as long as they don't go "boo hoo" ?