BD encore

The drill was rewritten at the very end of the encore! A different Blue Devil shot out of the final mirror to end the show.

during the encore in 2007, the entire drumline turned around and started conducting with the one snare that was supposed to, just to have fun during that one last time playing the show.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, bluecoats used to have the longest plumes in DCI when theirs used to go halfway down their backs in the 90's

Yeah, but they were flacid.

during the encore in 2007, the entire drumline turned around and started conducting with the one snare that was supposed to, just to have fun during that one last time playing the show.

if I remember correctly, they also started dancing with each other at one point

Did they play any other music besides their show?

... and while we're on the subject. What's with "huge plume syndrome"?

Since BD '08 it's like a lot of corps are trying to prove something with plume size ... Now Crown and Cadets are getting into the act.

How many ostrich are going to have to pay the ultimate price before corps will be satisfied that their plumes are big enough?

Oh, the humanity!

Proud to say that the 2007 Colts were one of the first to sport unnaturally large plumes! Give credit where credit is due! :thumbup::lle::worthy:

Also, I stayed for the encore. My friend and I moved from the far, far corner (633) to the 50 yardline on the upper deck. It was AWESOME! Didn't seem like very many people up top stayed around. I'm sure some moved down lower to get closer. Thanks to those that took off, though. Those seats are definitely worth the price tag...

EDIT: They also played F Tuning and Ditty...It reminded me that even with the least melodic show I've ever heard on a field, they are still a drum corps through and through!

Edited by DrillmanSop06

I skipped the Encore performance for the 2nd year in a row, mainly due to the fact I've not been a fan of either show, and because we've had to catch our ride at a decent hour. The only other time I've skipped encores were in 97 (because it was my first Finals and I didn't know there was one) and in 99 (because I was a marching member and had to go with my corps out to the busses for our last talk)

Ironically of the 9 years I've been to DCI Finals, the only times I've missed the Encores have been years the Blue Devils won (tied SCV in 99). Kinda odd. I do like how BD does their encores though sans shakos. (yeah I did stick around in 03)

However, when I got outside the stadium with my dad on Saturday, I remarked to him....."holy crap, there's alot of people out here!" ...and he replied, "I wonder if anybody stayed to watch their encore?" It was sorta strange to see that sort of mass exodus. Not sure it means much though other than people had stuff to do.

My favorite encores have been Cadets' in 98 and Regiment's in 08! I had no idea that the symphonic Cadets were capable of playing Boogie Down in such a laid back style (yeah I was sort of a noob back then) and Regiment.....ELSA! nuff said