Which 2010 show did you change your opinion on the most?

Ditto.....[for Crown -sw] even though I liked it the first time I saw it (June 18). It went from a "this is cool" to awesome show for me....

I had this experience with Crown's 2009 show. I was very disappointed with it early in the year after loving "Finis", but sometime after San Antonio, things clicked, and I swear as crappy as the Allentown VOD is from last year, if that thing had been a physical tape on DCI's servers, I would have worn it out running it over and over to savor the drill and the music. Wowee!

This year I was hoping I'd feel the same way. And I do enjoy the show more, but for whatever reason it just feels slow. Maybe more than that it feels like a clone of last year's show, just with different music and less interesting drill. Maybe that was an intentional decision based on a meta reading of the Second Chance theme, but when they decided to just drop last year's ending in, I was pretty disappointed. I like the rewind effect, even... Maybe if they had found a way to work in bits from Triple Crown (photo finish!) and Finis (SCV-style company front stepping over the guard!) and then wrap up with Promise of Living's wall of sound... That could have been self-referential and awesome at the same time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic