Parking for Alumni Spectacular

all I can say since you dropped my name (which might get you a donut and a cup of coffee) is that whatever is done is already locked in stone for this year...

Parking is a major consideration in the bid process for 2012 which is well along, but knowing all the factors in Rochester which mean little to you guys - trust me, it's a big deal and not something that a week before the show we can say, oh by the way, we're going to do this on Sunday. While I sympathize and relate to the alumni performers on Sunday morning, please accept that there is a lot more to it.

With all due respect, I only addressed the message to you because I know you are involved in the Alumni Spectacular, as I am just a performer.

Thank you for addressing my question (at least it got put out there for you to answer).

You said that parking was a major consideration for 2012, what about next year? Can something be done? Maybe someone on your staff can check out the parking lot this year and assess a solution for next year? ...just sayin.

Looking forward to a wonderful DCA weekend in Rochester....really, I am. :innocent:

15 days to go.... woo hoo

Regards,

I would imagine, with finals being in Rachacha again next year, there is only so much that can be done unless the baseball team was out of town and people wanted to walk that far

Has anyone looked into "satellite" parking, with bus shuttles? Have seen it used at some parades locally, participants park at the end & they have shuttles to get them to the beginning of the parade route. Local plants that are normally closed during the long holiday weekend might be willing to let their employee lots be used for this.

Come on folks, It's 3 blocks from the Kodak parking lot to the stadium, and if you have a disability where you can't walk 3 blocks, I am sure you have a handicap sticker which will get you into a lot at the stadium. as far as paying to park, the Kodak lot is free on Sunday morning during the Alumni show. I don't think it makes sense to have a shuttle bus for a quarter mile distance.

Well, me, I don't wear mine driving. I don't even keep it accessible while driving. Didn't I should say. Someone else has it now thankfully.

But I could put some of my personal flags into my personalized Bridgemen flag bag and say everything is in there if I was looking for a free place to park. Who would know at the gate? No one. But that was where everything was during the ride, zipped up in their various compartments.

Imagine the cluster if everyone had to stop and open bags up just to park.....

ok, anyone else trying to picture what Liz may not be wearing when she drives to the stadium?

:tongue:

I have been trying to get on the wicked witch's :tongue: good side .....

And was hoping she would offer me a lift to the stadium on her broom and then back to the hotel....

But it doesn't seem like it's going to happen .....

So I guess I am hoofing it.... :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Edited by stuckvalve

Come on folks, It's 3 blocks from the Kodak parking lot to the stadium, and if you have a disability where you can't walk 3 blocks, I am sure you have a handicap sticker which will get you into a lot at the stadium. as far as paying to park, the Kodak lot is free on Sunday morning during the Alumni show. I don't think it makes sense to have a shuttle bus for a quarter mile distance.

Sorry, but a handicap sticker WILL NOT get you into the lot next to the stadium.

It is for DCA officials only!

I have asked about this every year, and have seen handicap plates and placards refused entry into that lot! :cool: