QF APDs now on sale

[shameless plug]

http://dci.thefannetwork.org/store/digital/search/bundle

Quarterfinals bundle and individual files on sale now. 3.99 / 39.99

[/shameless plug]

:tongue:

Semi's soon? kthxbai!!

LOL! Just kidding. I'm cool waiting as long as it means the quality will be better. :blink:

EDIT:

I corrected your brackets ... see above. :smile:

LOL! :whistle:

Edited by CMFC4Ever

Concerning the Phantom recording -someone just posted complaining about scratchy sounds in the beginning of Phantom's show. I believe that was a sound system problem with Phantom, NOT the recording engineers or their equipment. It came through during the theater broadcast as well.

I downloaded Crown and PR just moments ago and they suc%.

#1- The Crown MP3 does NOT include the "pre-show", instead it begins with the introduction of the corps by Bryant Crocker.

I find this to be unacceptable, especially since all season long, and in all performance videos it is included.

Will it be excluded from the DVD's that we all anxiously await, and if so, why would the 2010 FN FAN FAVORITE be edited to exclude part of the corps performance (whether it was judged or not)!?!

#2- Phantom Regiments' MP3 does include the "in tunnel" prelude, however the promised "quality" is simply not there either. There are numerous loud "scratchy" sounds as if someone was adjusting the microphone(s) for the first several minutes of the show ... I stopped listening after I heard about 5 of them.

I have emailed DCI and asked for a refund, which I will probably not be granted, but I wanted others to know.

I continue to believe that DCI has the attitude that whatever they decide to release, and of whatever quality, is good enough and we should be #### glad we're getting what we get.

This applies to the DVDs as well. We are still paying the same amount as we did for the multiple angle DVDs with non show content, but only get 2 angles (and that's it). With the complexity of todays' shows there should be multiple angles included IMO.

Buyers beware!!!!

There are numerous loud "scratchy" sounds as if someone was adjusting the microphone(s) for the first several minutes of the show ... I stopped listening after I heard about 5 of them.

That's an accurate representation of what PR presented at quarters. I was there and it set my teeth on edge.

I downloaded Crown and PR just moments ago and they suc%.

#1- The Crown MP3 does NOT include the "pre-show", instead it begins with the introduction of the corps by Bryant Crocker.

I find this to be unacceptable, especially since all season long, and in all performance videos it is included.

Will it be excluded from the DVD's that we all anxiously await, and if so, why would the 2010 FN FAN FAVORITE be edited to exclude part of the corps performance (whether it was judged or not)!?!

#2- Phantom Regiments' MP3 does include the "in tunnel" prelude, however the promised "quality" is simply not there either. There are numerous loud "scratchy" sounds as if someone was adjusting the microphone(s) for the first several minutes of the show ... I stopped listening after I heard about 5 of them.

I have emailed DCI and asked for a refund, which I will probably not be granted, but I wanted others to know.

I continue to believe that DCI has the attitude that whatever they decide to release, and of whatever quality, is good enough and we should be #### glad we're getting what we get.

This applies to the DVDs as well. We are still paying the same amount as we did for the multiple angle DVDs with non show content, but only get 2 angles (and that's it). With the complexity of todays' shows there should be multiple angles included IMO.

Buyers beware!!!!

Get past the beginning of the Regiments recording and it is AWESOME. I'm more than pleased with the sound quality. I'm not sure you can blame DCI for Phantom or any other corps for their own sound systems adding scratches or other sounds to a recording.

I do agree that it is unacceptable that DCI is leaving out the preshows! Get it together DCI!

... the introduction of the corps by Bryant Crocker.

Okay, I've got to add another thing to my pet peeve about spelling Bluecoats as two words, because in another thread about the APDs, someone spell Brandt's name as "Grant."

B-R-A-N-D-T Crocker (without the hyphens). He's now in the DCI Hall of Fame, so we've got to get it right.

Thank you.

EDIT: I just went back to that topic (now closed) and it was YOU!!!

Okay, the second rule of misspelling someone's name is that you've got to be consistent. That makes it much easier for those of us who have appointed ourselves the keeper of order in the names department.

But if "Brandt" doesn't work for you, in addition to "Grant" and "Bryant," may I suggest Brandon, Graham or Fred? :smile:

Edited by Michael Boo