Class A score

Did I see this right....Fusion Core is up there with Corpsvets? Wow!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this year we may see the Class A corps who perform like a smaller open class corps start to have an advantage over the park & bark style of the mini-corps on the field. the word demand come to mind..........

I haven't seen Fusion Core but they must have done a great job this winter to ramp up from 2009.

Edited by hotdogchompa

Remember BITD (Jr. Corps) if a corps was scoring high they were pushed up to the next class?

DCA Prelims was like that for a few seasons, but then it was done away with and the classes kept separate again.

FWIW, I miss when that was done in DCI. It was neat to be able to see the really special Division II/III corps fight their way into the Div I Quarterfinals.

DCA Prelims was like that for a few seasons, but then it was done away with and the classes kept separate again.

FWIW, I miss when that was done in DCI. It was neat to be able to see the really special Division II/III corps fight their way into the Div I Quarterfinals.

right on,.....................I was very surprised to hear the class a corps directors pushing for a vote to eliminate this possibility in DCA, but it happened,..............

I guess back in the days where there were 75-100 corps showing up for DCI prelims, it meant more to try and move up, where today, quarter finals doesn't even include 25 corps like BITD,..................why even have 23, the 17 then 12 corps elimination rounds,............seems to me they could save a day on the calender,.................and a lot of money,................except for losing a days ticket and concession sales :lookaround:

Gary gets flagged

15 yards

for talking about DCI on a DCA thread 10 days before championships

right on,.....................I was very surprised to hear the class a corps directors pushing for a vote to eliminate this possibility in DCA, but it happened,

I guess the question becomes - Is it better to come in 10th place open or win class A?

Ideally this newer system helps judges so they aren't trying to score 24 corps between 70 and 98. It would allow corps to be tenths instead of hundredths apart. It doesn't matter if the A class champion scores higher than 10th place open because they aren't *really* competing against each other. I guess we'll see what the judges do in two weeks.

I guess the question becomes - Is it better to come in 10th place open or win class A?

Ideally this newer system helps judges so they aren't trying to score 24 corps between 70 and 98. It would allow corps to be tenths instead of hundredths apart. It doesn't matter if the A class champion scores higher than 10th place open because they aren't *really* competing against each other. I guess we'll see what the judges do in two weeks.

I believe winning Class A is better, especially when it comes to recruiting for the following season. Which corps would you join, one that won or came in 10th place? I marched in 2007 Sunrisers and would have been peeved royally if that title had been denied us because of some stupid DCA rule, especially as that was my first title and took me 16 years to earn. I agree with you that it doesn't matter if the Class A Champion scores higher than the 10th place corps. If they are better, then the scores should reflect that.

I believe winning Class A is better, especially when it comes to recruiting for the following season. Which corps would you join, one that won or came in 10th place? I marched in 2007 Sunrisers and would have been peeved royally if that title had been denied us because of some stupid DCA rule, especially as that was my first title and took me 16 years to earn. I agree with you that it doesn't matter if the Class A Champion scores higher than the 10th place corps. If they are better, then the scores should reflect that.

I know where you're coming from, Tom and I believe that's why the directors voted that way. However I always though it shouldn't be that hard to be both. It used to be separate prelims and finals for both. Then we changed it to one prelim and separate finals. Why not have separate prelims, but at finals everyone be judges together? So then the top class A corps wins class A, and then the top 10 open & top 4 A class corps compete for the overall championship.