Lucas Oil Fail

Actually, a friend of mine asked for the cheapest ticket they had at the box office. He didn't find out they were like the ones in the picture until he got to them.

At the DCI event? I was told those seats weren't even on the list to be available.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was for world class semis (just verified it with him).

And then what happened? Did he pursue the situation with the ticket people?

Yeah, we got a mess in Indy...perfect climate-controlled environment in the record heat wave that hit in Finals Week this year, with the luxury of a last-minute decision NOT to open the dome, after all, with the unexpected heat. No bugs, mosquitos. Guaranteed event even when rain storms hit (unlike Minnesota, etc.). NFL's most beautiful stadium. Safe streets to walk with tons of hotels/restaurants nearby. Beautiful, nearby White River Park for parking lot shows. Lovely Exhibition Hall for merchandisers. Central location to the majority of corps minimizing driving distances (except for BD/SCV - and people wonder why BD was not cheered as lustily - you should have heard the crowd at Pasadena screaming for BD, by the way). Decent crowds considering the horrible economy (and overpriced $125 tickets). Even improved sound this year, still better than Atlanta, San Antonio domes. What do you want, jacuzzis and car hops at your seat? And no, those seats are not used at Colts or DCI...there were plenty of unobstructed seats that were still available at the 20-yard lines. I'll happily return to Indy every year, but bring DCI to California in 2013!

i liked Indy the city. still not sold on the Dome. as I said in my review, I roasted my ### in Dallas and Jackson, so I was prepared for heat

well G you just made a lot of fans cheer for a new stadium for finals :tongue:

Yeah, we got a mess in Indy...perfect climate-controlled environment in the record heat wave that hit in Finals Week this year, with the luxury of a last-minute decision NOT to open the dome, after all, with the unexpected heat. No bugs, mosquitos. Guaranteed event even when rain storms hit (unlike Minnesota, etc.). NFL's most beautiful stadium. Safe streets to walk with tons of hotels/restaurants nearby. Beautiful, nearby White River Park for parking lot shows. Lovely Exhibition Hall for merchandisers. Central location to the majority of corps minimizing driving distances (except for BD/SCV - and people wonder why BD was not cheered as lustily - you should have heard the crowd at Pasadena screaming for BD, by the way). Decent crowds considering the horrible economy (and overpriced $125 tickets). Even improved sound this year, still better than Atlanta, San Antonio domes. What do you want, jacuzzis and car hops at your seat? And no, those seats are not used at Colts or DCI...there were plenty of unobstructed seats that were still available at the 20-yard lines. I'll happily return to Indy every year, but bring DCI to California in 2013!

I might argue about the NFLs most beautiful stadium, but the rest of your post is pretty spot on. I don't like Indy, as it is very hard to get to from the bay area. Not sure about driving from Denver or for a lot of the OC corps either. But a very fan friendly, comfortable stadium. But in real estate, it is about location. So for the eastern corps, Indy is pretty ideal. Same for the Midwest, and totally sucks for the west coast.

Glad to hear all has been taken care of. How are the renewal of Friends of DCI levels going this fiscal year based on the decision to remain in Indy and the economy? We all good for next year? Good to hear that. I'll again skip finals & catch a smaller (read: cheaper - show). Unless there are woodwinds. Then all bets are off.

No need to worry folks, nobody's going to leave DCI, nobody's got anything to worry about. Everybody LOVES Indy.

Only a couple more years, Madison, Denver, California, ATLANTA...you'll get another Finals.

Blue Devils are undefeated in Indianapolis

G

G does Bloomington count as Indy? BD is undefeated in Lucas Oil, goes for BDB as well.