Finals Housing/Rehearsal Sites?

For those staying at the DoubleTree, any corps arriving on thursday??? I'm staying in the Doubletree Thursday night (before I move to a different location....there's a long story behind that, but I digress.) and would love to meet up with some fellow corps people, especially those from the West who I've never met.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a warning ~ they are not corps friendly as far as outside beverages or food being allowed into their lobby bar area......

For those staying at the DoubleTree, any corps arriving on thursday??? I'm staying in the Doubletree Thursday night (before I move to a different location....there's a long story behind that, but I digress.) and would love to meet up with some fellow corps people, especially those from the West who I've never met.

MBI will be arriving late thursday afternoon. We have a parking lot rehearsal scheduled for the evening to shake out the bus legs.

MBI will be arriving late thursday afternoon. We have a parking lot rehearsal scheduled for the evening to shake out the bus legs.

What time that evening? I know I'm not arriving til probably 7pm and love to at least hear a musical run through if you're doing one. I'll be the one there in the Brigadiers jacket.

As alluded to above (thanks, Pat!) Minnesota Brass will be staying and rehearsing at our now 'usual' spots! We arrive Thursday night and do a little mini-rehearsal in the Doubletree parking lot. Then Friday through Sunday we'll be rehearsing at lovely Genessee Valley Park roughly 9 - 2ish. Guests are always welcome.

MINNESOTA BRASS

Hotel:

Doubletree Hotel

1111 Jefferson Road

Rochester, NY 14623

Rehearsal Site:

Genesee Valley Park #2

99 Elmwood Avenue

Rochester, NY 14611

I would like the record to show that, having stayed at the Doubletree in years when the Renegades also stayed there and years that the Renegades did not stay there I can assure you: It's WAY MORE FUN with the Renegades around.

Eric

Edited by MBIBari

What time that evening? I know I'm not arriving til probably 7pm and love to at least hear a musical run through if you're doing one. I'll be the one there in the Brigadiers jacket.

Sounds like perfect timing. Warm ups and sectional stuff likely will start around 6 or 7. We'll probably do ensemble from 8-9ish. It depends exactly when the buses get in.

Edited by MBIBari

to be clear...

I'm getting emails asking me who is practicing where and who is staying where...

Bottom line is that I'm uncomfortable just giving anyone that information in bulk... it is not my authority to do that... unless the corps director authorizes it. As MN just did on here...

that is why we are not posting a complete list of private corps information... if the corps - as MN just did - offers it, and someone asks, I will pass it on but that is a decision to be made by each corps. I recommend checking their website for each corps...

In an emergency, please feel free to call my cell and I'll contact the corps 585-957-5722

I can tell you Kidsgrove Scouts are at the Riverside Radisson (there already) and their rehearsal location is:

Monday: Niagara Falls

Tuesday: 9:30 till ??? Webster Schroeder High School

Wednesday: Darien Lake Theme Park and Water Park

Thursday: 9:30 till supper break - Webster Schroeder High School

6:00PM? on at Basket Road Stadium in Webster NY

Friday: ? till ??? Webster Schroeder High School

Saturday: ? till ? Webster Schroeder High School

Sunday: ? till ? Webster Schroeder High School

exact times to be determined by corps staff

They welcome people to watch their rehearsals

Sounds like perfect timing. Warm ups and sectional stuff likely will start around 6 or 7. We'll probably do ensemble from 8-9ish. It depends exactly when the buses get in.

Perfect, i look forward to getting a taste of what I'm seeing on the field. Safe travels!