A Plea to the Phantom Regiment Organization

These were 2 major losses that seem unsubstantiated at best.

There's a parallel just over an hour southeast of Rockford. The Cavaliers lost both their horn caption head and their percussion caption head at the end of last season, resulting in a total collapse of the corps' spirit, intensity and competitive inertia, resulting in the corps plunging precariously in placement and finding itself...

Oh, wait...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a parallel just over an hour southeast of Rockford. The Cavaliers lost both their horn caption head and their percussion caption head at the end of last season, resulting in a total collapse of the corps' spirit, intensity and competitive inertia, resulting in the corps plunging precariously in placement and finding itself...

Oh, wait...

I see what you did there Boo :thumbup: But that's not where I'm going with this.

Oh, wait...

Thank God for Gaines!

I see what you did there Boo :thumbup: But that's not where I'm going with this.

Is southeast the wrong direction?

I wish Phantom all the best in the years to come.

I fear it is going to be a tough road, however. Phantom has never (imo) been able to solidify itself as one of the big boys. For whatever reason, they always seem to be a day late and a buck short. They are, no doubt, a fan favorite. But they never seem to be able to put together a great run. They always seem to follow up a great year with a crappy year. For proof, see 96-97, 03-04, 06-07, 08-09. 2010 Phantom was a nice piece of drum corps. Very beautiful show. Well performed. Pulled me out of my seat in Kalamazoo. Consistency seems to be the corps main issue. Staff continuity means success. Get a great staff. Hold onto them. Watch the fun begin.

If you build it, they will come.

Once again, I wish Phantom all the best in the coming years.

I wish Phantom all the best in the years to come.

I fear it is going to be a tough road, however. Phantom has never (imo) been able to solidify itself as one of the big boys. For whatever reason, they always seem to be a day late and a buck short. They are, no doubt, a fan favorite. But they never seem to be able to put together a great run. They always seem to follow up a great year with a crappy year. For proof, see 96-97, 03-04, 06-07, 08-09. 2010 Phantom was a nice piece of drum corps. Very beautiful show. Well performed. Pulled me out of my seat in Kalamazoo. Consistency seems to be the corps main issue. Staff continuity means success. Get a great staff. Hold onto them. Watch the fun begin.

If you build it, they will come.

Once again, I wish Phantom all the best in the coming years.

The greatest staff on earth can't make a bad show idea/concept work. They can write the book and hope for the best, but history has shown a hit or miss in the area of show design ... and most on the arrangement staff have little input in that department. ..... at least that's the word on the street.

$1 to BD...Downey, ScoJo, Chandler, Gibbs, Meehan the Younger, etc...all there for decades.

Quoted for truth.

Oh, wait...

Boo you scare me :thumbup: Also for whatever reason I wish Paul the best of luck with Vanguard , Jeff Fiedler is a lucky man

to get Paul . That must have been one heck of a big carrot to dangle in front of him !! I'll love to see the prouduct that SCV put's out in 2011 ! I just hope that the corps stays with DCI ! :thumbup:

Edited by rudi man